How to make a quad with map texture to be many grids?

just like the attached picture, any advice?

I don’t understand the question. What are you trying to do?

1 Like

Are you referring to being able to interact with it as many regions? Or?

@zarch said: I don't understand the question. What are you trying to do?

sorry,
I create a quad geom, then set a map image as its texture, then I want to the quad geom to be like the picture I show

@t0neg0d said: Are you referring to being able to interact with it as many regions? Or?

yes, something like that

@harry1315 said: sorry, I create a quad geom, then set a map image as its texture, then I want to the quad geom to be like the picture I show

yes, something like that

You could cast a ray and get the contact point, maybe?

EDIT: Wait… can you give us a screen cap of what you have so far? Are you trying to overlay a grid on it? Or?

@t0neg0d said: You could cast a ray and get the contact point, maybe?

EDIT: Wait… can you give us a screen cap of what you have so far? Are you trying to overlay a grid on it? Or?

Thank you for people who try to help me.

yes, now I am trying to make some quad geoms overlaying on the quad geom which has a map image texture, just like the picture below. But it is my second option, I still want to do it without adding any additional geoms;
I just want to make a quad geom with map texture as a game map and each player has their own color on the map.And when a player gets territory from other player, the part of the map that own by the player changes to be winning player’s color.