How to solve this shadows problem?

Help,how to solve this shadows problem.When lights rendering,shadows overlap,
separate calculation.Have any one encounter the same problems?
微信截图_20171215220048

1 Like

Help,have anyone know?

1 Like

We can’t tell because you haven’t provided us with any information to help. Can you try to explain how you have come to your current situation. Are those multiple shadow filters, for example?

1 Like

For example, when the scene have a box and one point light,then the ground has one black shadow.(Picture 1)
When I add more point light,shadows overlap,it looks not like real. In reality,more light in the scene,the shadows more unobvious.(Picture 2)
Is it wrong for me?

1 Like

Yes. That’s a drawback of our shadow system. There is an in pass shadow system in the work to solve this issue. In the mean time you 'll have to cope with it I’m afraid.

2 Likes

You can mitigate it somewhat by lowing the shadow amount and upping the ambient.

…but as Nehon said, because that shadow approach paints the shadows on (instead of painting the light on) then it will always look a little off for multiple shadows.

1 Like

Thanks for your attention and reply.We’ve been using JME for a long time.But it’s the first time using JME to home design industry.Like this real-time rendering of high demand.Our developers can’t figure out a solution.But if can break the problem, will be qualitative leap.We can not only use JME in the game industry but also in the home design industry.This is a cool thing. Be bold and ask if there is a solution(Example?),to let our developer have a reference.We can use this ‘in pass shadow system’ method to break this problem.

1 Like

Thanks for your attention and reply,Pspeed.

1 Like

you can have a look of what’s in this branch, but be aware that it’s a work in progress and there is no guaranty that it works.

1 Like

Thank you,Nehon. We will try to break it. And look forward to a prefect solution.

1 Like