How would lwjgl support OpenGL 1?

Nifty-GUI does not support jogl, when I run a apps on a computer with old video card, there is no solutions.

so how  would lwjgl support OpenGL 1, just like jME2.

Thank you for replying.

Feel free to email me.

As stated in the wiki, jme3 requires at least OpenGL2 as its a shader based engine. Basic support for OpenGL1 will be included however via the jogl renderer (work in progress).

Cheers,

Normen

normen said:

As stated in the wiki, jme3 requires at least OpenGL2 as its a shader based engine. Basic support for OpenGL1 will be included however via the jogl renderer (work in progress).
Cheers,
Normen

I know, my problem is nifty-gui does NOT support jogl renderer.

well you have 3 options

write a nifty jogl binding

wait untill someone does

use jme2

Empire Phoenix said:

well you have 3 options

write a nifty jogl binding
wait untill someone does
use jme2

The offical blog of nifty-gui said nifty-gui support lwjgl and s2K(something like that), not jogl.
So I did some work on writing a lwjgl opengl1 renderer, but i failed by changing GL20.somefunction to ARBARBBufferObject.somefunctionARB.

wait for help

OpenGL1 support is still incomplete, that's why nifty-gui doesn't work.

You can't convert the LWJGL renderer to be OpenGL1 compatible, it doesn't work like that.

Anyone knows the status of using JME3 with OpenGL 1? Has anything happend, is anything planned?

Yeah, the svn version of jME3 now basically supports OpenGL1, all materials are displayed unshaded. Alpha-4 will be coming out soon.

Quite awesome!

I tried the latest jme3 branch with opengl1 on ubuntu 10.10 (32-bit) but ran in to some “library inconsistency”:

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.material.Material.checkSetParam(Material.java:290)

at com.jme3.material.Material.setParam(Material.java:317)

at com.jme3.material.Material.setColor(Material.java:482)

at hello.MyGame.simpleInitApp(MyGame.java:19)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:218)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:138)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:206)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 736: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called’ failed!

Is there some version issue with the native lwjgl libs?

Thanks a lot

I dont know, do you use jMP?

No, I followed https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:setting_up_jme3_in_eclipse to get an eclipse environment going. Modified the hello world example slightly by applying an AppSettings instance with OpenGL1 renderer set before starting the application, just like in https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:intermediate:appsettings?s[]=appsettings . Googling “jme3 ubuntu lwjgl” shows related (?) issues but suggested solutions didn’t do the trick for me. I could try debugging it a bit more but was hoping for a quick answer here :slight_smile: