Impossible to make a character using jme-jBullet?!

Hai!

I'v been, the latest time trying tons off dirrent solutions to making a character using jme jbullet physics

Now conclusion: Impossible!

I'v tried rotate a sphere to rotate in the direction the camera is facing…

I'v tried setting it to not rotating only setting angular velocity.

I'v tried using a box, setting the friction to 0 when its moving and to 1 when its not

I'v tried using physicvenhicle node, didnt work unless I add 4 wheels (which is not an option)

I'v tried using applyimpulse

I'v tried using applyContinuousForce

Tell me! Is this physic engine so complex you cannot make a simple character that moves in the direction your cam is looking?

I'v seen the simple character example, it only moves on the axes, not rotating or anything.

I need the real stuff!!

Anyone succeded in making a character in jme jbullet?

Look again at the SimpleCharacter, to move it, it has a method setWalkDirection() which takes a Vector3f.  The sample only shows it moving on axis, because that's all the WASD movement can really do.  I'm currently working with that controller right now and when setting the walk direction with the same as the camera it works fine.

Addez said:

I'v seen the simple character example, it only moves on the axes, not rotating or anything.

As said in the wiki, the PhyiscsCharacterNode is not supposed to turn, you rotate your added spatial in the direction that the PhysicsCharacterNode is walking. The CharacterNode itself and the documentation still needs to be improved.

Ironicly I havnt tried PhysicsCharacterNode XD

So Ill try now, hope it work out  :expressionless:

Got one problem…

I made a sphere  physicscharacternode but all it does is shake extremly fast up and down like 1 unit

Why is it doing that? I havn't even changed anything…

Addez said:

Got one problem..
I made a sphere  physicscharacternode but all it does is shake extremly fast up and down like 1 unit
Why is it doing that? I havn't even changed anything..

just ignore it for now, that something that needs to be adressed.

so there is no way of making a character?

Addez said:

so there is no way of making a character?

umm.. yes, there is.. the PhysicsCharacterNode we were talking about the last posts? :) I meant "ignore the shaking" not "ignore the PhysicsCharacterNode"

Yea, but how can I ignor it if my character flickers so much you can see it?

Addez said:

Yea, but how can I ignor it if my character flickers so much you can see it?

I suppose thats up to you :) Is it shaking more than the example? Then do it like in the example.

Ahh how foolish of me not to think of using this one before!

Ill try use it now :slight_smile:

Only one problem, the character cant jump, and i havnt edited the code at all  :expressionless:

somethings wrong?

If know you don't do it because asking the forum is much easier. But having a look in the code

may answer your question…

Addez said:

Only one problem, the character cant jump, and i havnt edited the code at all  :| somethings wrong?

Theres an issue in the jbullet-jme issue tracker about this, all info about the problem is here.

Thanks normen :slight_smile:

and ttrocha, I know it seems as Im only asking the forum all the time for help

but fact is that I work alot on my games, but only when I get stuck I ask.

Plus, I wrote I didnt edit it, because it didnt work to jump when i got the code.

When I wrote that question I had already edited my code, just not so that it affected the jump

and I didnt feel for taking ur time explaining it all so I just wrote that it didnt work when it was unedited.

But thanks again normen  :smiley:

I know I should stop this discussion but I can't

I know it seems as Im only asking the forum all the time for help
but fact is that I work alot on my games, but only when I get stuck I ask.

I'm glad you don't ask when you are not stuck. Maybe that would lead you to an average post per day from currently 4 to 8.... I just don't like people that are just misusing helpful people. Well, as long as there are any. I really hope you are soon forced to help yourself because reading the code is the only real way to learn jME.

Okej…

Well what is a help forum, if asking questions when your stuck makes you a abuser of the forum?

I really work alot on the games, asking is only for some few errors that I cant seem to fix.

If you read the intro to this subject you can see how much work I did to avoid

"abusing" the forum.

When im still typing, I assume that jme-jbullet doesnt got a jump method but is working on it

is that right normen? If so, could I help in anyway? making some small package or something?

Yes you are right! Actually it's not you who has the problem, it's me! I like to help people and get too fast angry if they don't even try enough before asking again the help-forum. (And 86 posts in 22 days are quite obvious…)

Actually this discussion is not a single additional word worth anymore…

Yes, I'v been working hard with jme for the last month.

But im still not good enough to help people with OGG imported skeletons

or stuff like that.

But I will show up my results soon with youtube videos for you to see

so that you can feel that your help didnt go to a noob that didnt do anything with it

but it really went to something good.

The game Im making is going to be multiplayer online game.

So you'll also be able to play it.

Sorry again if I am enojing, im trying not to…