Installation of JME3 for eclipse

Hello all, i was developing a video game for my dissertation, but i was using jme2. I see now the new version and i'm trying to install, i think that my way is correct, but i would like if someone could confirm it to me. I have downloaded the files and i put them all into a file, then in eclipse i created a new user library and i added all the jars to it. Then i have attached the lwgl-native to lwgl.jar, and the joal-native to joal.jar. Is that correct?

Are you using the nightly? Then you just need to add jMonkeyEngine.jar and all jar files from the /lib directory to your classpath.

Be aware that jme3 is pre-alpha however and some things might still change.

Cheers,

Normen

Reading your answer, it would be the best option to continue developing with jme2?

Well if you want to continue a project you already started with jme2 it depends on how much you depend on jme2 functionality internally. Jme3 is in many ways different than jme2 and its surely no simple upgrade like 2.0->2.0.1. So if you dont depend on functions offered by jme3 that are not in jme2 or can easily replace the 3d part of your application its probably best to stick with jme2.

If you on the other hand are developing a new application this is your chance to put in requests and help improve jme3 while its being finished while creating your new app :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Normen

Thank you for your help