The plugin is now available on the Intellij MarketPlace
I’ve written a plugin for intellij that integrates jmonkey into the intellij IDE.
To use the plugin, from within intellij IDEA:
- File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Search “JmonkeyEngine Integration”
To import models go to “Tools -> Import Model…”
To view models, go to the resources directory and double-click the j3o.
I’ve been dowloading models from sketchfab.com and they all pretty much seem to “just work” out of the box. Animations work, too. One thing to note is that I did have to increase my memory settings in intellij when importing large models (50mb+).
- Help -> Change Memory Settings…
Another thing I noticed at times is that some of the models import with HUGE sizes and you need to scroll out a lot or move the camera up to even see it. I guess I’ll have to do some scene querying or something to make sure the model is visible in the future.
To subscribe to the nightly plugin repository follow the steps below. This will give you acces to a faster release cycle and avoids the ~48hr jetbrains validation procedure.
- Navigate to File -> Settings -> Plugins.
- Click the gear icon located next to the MarketPlace and Installed tabs.
- Click Manage Plugin Repositories.
- Add the URL below to the repository list.
After adding the URL, Click Help -> Check for Updates and if there is a newer version available in the nightly repository you will be prompted to install it.