Introducing our new name: jPonyEngine

We are proud to announce that after much discussion we decided to change our name to jPonyEngine.

Over the years we have been hearing it again and again: the name jMonkeyEngine is just too unprofessional. How is management supposed to accept that the company’s new product is built upon a so called jMonkeyEngine?! It simply sounds too ridiculous to accept. Now, there will be no more blushing when the CEO walks into the office and asks what is rendering those beautiful graphics. With a name like jPonyEngine you can’t go wrong – it literally means business.

28 Likes

So, RIP Jaime :sob:. Who’s our new mascot :stuck_out_tongue: ?

1 Like

Would be awesome that she would behave like pinkie pie so that it represents the bugs we add to our games while we count them to fix them all

5 Likes

Where are the Unicorns!!!

1 Like

:chimpanzee_facepalm: :chimpanzee_facepalm:

1 Like

I am very happy with Pony. He is so handsome than a Monkey !
Adding a cornu to him will make it a Legendary Engine. :grinning:

4 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:joy:

1 Like

April fools!

2 Likes

My daughter would love it.

5 Likes

I suggest renaming the sub components also, like SpiderMonkey. And maybe @pspeed can rename Lemur. Something pink & fluffy…

2 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: made my day

2 Likes

And here’s the PR:

3 Likes

@Darkchaos please merge my PR and make a snapshot commit! This will be incidentally the first snapshot after moving to alpha4, so a new brand is welcome :smile:

1 Like

The pink is the new black.

3 Likes

This thread has inspired me to help everyone be healthier… especially those who sit a lot:

3 Likes

but…but… i thought this was an april fool but it’s for real

:sweat: Really? 80$ for a wooden stool?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a real thing. Yes, it works.

The plastic one is like $30… and I have two of them. The selling feature is that they tuck out of the way. A regular stool wouldn’t do that.

1 Like

And then someone messes up on git and we’re stuck with this name forever :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

IDK, maybe it’s just me, but I really like this color scheme. It’s warm and welcoming :slight_smile:

3 Likes