jME Physics 2 - second beta

Hi all!

I just uploaded the beta2 of jME Physics 2. Most notable additions are:

• First simple tutorial lessons
  • Cylinder implementation
  • physical picking tool (demo in TestGenerateGeometry)
  • springs
  • improved collision events

Full feature and todo list for the beta2 can be found here.

As usual you can check out from CVS or download zips from java.net. Beta1 compiles against jME CVS version from 30.03.06.

As usual you can start the test when you simply extract jME and jME Physics 2 zips into the same folder and execute

java -Djava.library.path=lib -jar jme-physics.jar

Have fun with testing and report any issues here...

P.S. I still don't recommend to port existing apps from old jmephysics to the new API yet as 1. it's quite costly, 2. there is no porting tut yet and 3. API might still change a bit
P.S. I still don't recommend to port existing apps from old jmephysics to the new API yet as 1. it's quite costly, 2. there is no porting tut yet and 3. API might still change a bit

Hiya, I was just wondering if this was still true as im itchin to move my app to the new physics. also, amotors? any word on those?
thx

well done! any plans on wrapping up the latest ode with the most robust addons(heightfield collider etc)?

yes. I just downloaded the new version from svn . . .

. . . not a lot changed. I will make a new binary release for all platform though. Maybe I can integrate heightfield right away (not that complicated). Any specific other contributions you thought of?

@mud2005: You can migrate if you don't need a tut for it, of course. AMotor is not in the java part (missing in impl/ode as stated in the readme.txt). But as they should be quite like the other joints, maybe you can even contribute them yourself :slight_smile:

@mud2005: You can migrate if you don't need a tut for it, of course. AMotor is not in the java part (missing in impl/ode as stated in the readme.txt). But as they should be quite like the other joints, maybe you can even contribute them yourself

thx, im sure going to try
irrisor said:

. . . not a lot changed. I will make a new binary release for all platform though. Maybe I can integrate heightfield right away (not that complicated). Any specific other contributions you thought of?

don't know really :) just threw that statement out and hoped that there were some other addons *s*

Good news:

• heightfield collider was integrated into ODE development version (not by me)
  • I fixed odejava to support 64bit platforms
  • I'll have the possibility to compile universal binaries for mac (intel+power)
  • I'm working on a little game design tutorial for jME Physics 2

so stay tuned :slight_smile:

great news and great work! looking forward to a new version

That's great about 64-bit support…if LWJGL would just officially support 64-bit as well then I might start using the 64-bit JDK.  Until then I have to use this crappy 32-bit stuff…it's so last week!

darkfrog

I haven't had any problems at all with gustav's 64 bit build in windows. But I think you're referring to linux right?

Actually, I'm referring to both.  I haven't tried gustav's build as it was done after I switched everything back to 32-bit again after a failed attempt at 64-bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

darkfrog

Hmm… well "switching" takes about 20 seconds here… I switch the 32 and 64 dlls (by renaming directories), and then just change the default SDK of the eclipse workspace. Maybe the rebuilding actually takes a bit more than 20 seconds actually, but that's it.

LWJGL 1.0 BETA 2 is out, and it seems to ship with a "liblwjgl64.so"

SUH-WEET!  :-o

darkfrog