jME/Video

Hi,

after i've played a lot of with JFjr from llama i noticed that it's not really perfect because it's based on

fobs which is a "frozen" project… Also the latest version of fobs has a lot of audio / video sync problems…

Now i want to know if the community is still working on this issue or if it is an issue with lesser priority …

Maybe a own video format could be the solution…

My problem is the following: I develop a virtual library for university … The user should go through a virtual

library, view movies together, see fotos etc… Every person is rendered with a MD5 animated model… Now i

have the idea to implement the video issue… At first i was very impressed by JFjr and fobs but in the end it's

not flexible enough to use it … At the moment i have the idea to display a website like youtube on a texture…

This would solve a lot of problems… But i have no idea how to render a website on a texture … Or maybe you guys

have another good idea to solve my problem…

Greetings,

Kr0e

PS:

I have the idea to use JMEDesktop and display easily the FMJ Player but i think i've got the problem that the JMEDesktop issue doesn't run correctly on my pc… windows, jdk 1.6_12 The Fonts of the windows are "blurred"… I think that this would be a really good solution, but i know if all these things work correctly…

Hi, ok the idea with JMEDesktop works fine. A high quality divx is running with 25 fps, much better than ByteBufferRenderer and pretty easy to implement. Thera a only a few lines of code but i still use fobs4jmf. But i've got an interesting bug:

i add to my JDesktopPane a simple JPanel with the video content but it is rendered very strange.

Have a look at my picture…

I think, this is the easiest way to provide video playback…

Maybe you guys have suggestions for my problem … :wink:

Greetings,

Kr0e

PS: Ok i found the problem:

new JMEDesktop("jmedesk", 400, 300, false, input);

the fourth parameter must be false, maybe mipmapping is not supported …