jME-Week#1 -ENDED- (5th to 11th of july)

Yeah longer than a week would be nice.

Now if y'all hold a contest starting at the end of July (preferable July 25th and beyond hehe), I'll be able to participate :smiley:

I think maybe it'd be a good idea to narrow it down way more than just having a keyword, and also add more days to it, like maybe three weeks or a month. Like was mentioned in the beginning of this topic, a demo creation contest would be very nice.

Example:

Pre-made resources: You have a ball, a stick and wall (a forumer made it already). Minimal extra resources are allowed, and have to be under a free license.

Object: Showcase jME physics with 2-5 minutes of very visual material, suitable for quick testplay and appealing videos.

If we manage to get Wordpress MU set up (blogfarm) for the site that would be a great platform for organized contests, so I would definitely consider putting together a contest at the end of this month.

Maybe a already working simple game framework should be given as a base to build upon.

To that: YESYESYES. It took me hours and hours just for that minimal stuff :D. And "from scratch" is in the case of jME-Coding not a good idea.

@snareoj2: What configuration do you have? VISTA 64?
@ALL: Does it even start at your computers?

I won't have much time the upcoming weeks. Additional at the moment my motivation is subzero. :D Nevertheless I wish you good luck with the contest, erlend_sh. Will you compete also?

Another approach could be to have something like an annual jME-Award. Different catagories like demo, game, maybe even new features. "And the monkey in the category FEATURE goes to ....." :D So there could be something like a registration time where you can suggest a game/demo/feature (yours or that of someone else) ,after a certain deadline a jury or even a global forum-voting will find out the award winners. As constraint we could say that every title is allowed to compete only once.
The advantage of that aproach is you are not bound to any deadline but have something like a goal.

I tried to make a tetris with a shoot them up mode… but I didn’t manage to finish it in time :frowning: So ashamed I didn’t post the result  :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Hey cool. Actually I didn't know that you was working on something! Is it somehow playable so we can have a look? BTW: Nice LSD-Look :smiley: