jMonkey Wizard

That’s usually what one think until that day… when they have to update the template.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I was just stating some useful functionalities that maybe you wanted to take into account (I don’t really know how “complete” do you want your tool)

@mitm Yes it’s probably the same idea but it’s not a plugin. how ever JMonkey wizard give the choose your dependencies and the devices that you want to publish your app on it, this is something missing in the sdk partially and in intellij plugin. and it’s doesn’t use native build.

@NemesisMate ok if someone want to add it as a future i will have nothing to say except. i don’t have the time this week to implement git in JMonkey wizard. so i will probably add it sometimes next week or after it. but i will be glade if someone implement before i do.

@nehon OK you are the expert i will implement git like this:
if you want to use other templates you can use them;
the app will save a copy of the template for offline use.

it will be a default template available with JMonkey wizard but it will be updated using git.
this the best what i can think of.

You misunderstood me. My point was not to make you change your implementation.
It’s just that I’m deadly accustomed to projects like yours that are done with the best intention but die several months later because something changed and nobody is there to maintain them and re push a release.
Flexibility is a key feature for low maintenance effort and survivability of a project.
It’s your choice to implement what you feel is needed, I’m just giving my old geezer insight .

1 Like

@nehon

i know it’s not your point but some monkeys want it.

and thanks for your advice.

1 Like

JMonkey Wizard is working just fine for me. but it need some testes, i’will be glade if someone can test it and give me a review.
note: I didn’t publish an excusable jar yet cause i didn’t complete all the testes and ios and vr templates are not finished yet.
link to the source code:

The JMonkey wizard is now released for beta testing.
Download link:

Source code link:

Note:
everything works just well, except that the android module, there are no resources (icons) for you need to add them by your self.(An error message will show if you select the android module but the build will continue with no problems).

mhh the release section in github is empty. Do you have an executable jar somewhere?

@nehon Yes, I forgot to release it was saved as draft sorry.
and thanks for notifying me.

1 Like

I’ve just launched the first stable release of the JMonkey wizard

2 Likes

Pretty neat. However, there are some issues:

1. You can’t create a project without a physics library
  2. The destination directory is being ignored?, it always create the project on the My Game folder.
  3. If you create a project without android, the main build.gradle still have the google repo and some android dependencies on it.

About the :desktop project, you could add the “application” plugin too, so the run task is added (convenient way to execute it).

(I’m using Ubuntu 16.04)

1 Like

@NemesisMate
1: yes this is an issue I will fix it
2: the destination is not ignored it’s going to your destination + your game name. if you choose the name first type enter to change the dir name directly.
3: I forgot that I have a Google rep in the Gradle build I will fix it too.
4: thank you

@NemesisMate I’ve fixed the bugs:

I’ve cloned your project to make some changes but it seems that it isn’t usable as-is. Anyway, the android section is missing the google repo:

project(":android") {
    apply plugin: "android"

repositories {
        maven { url 'https://maven.google.com/' }
    }

}

Are you uploading the code of a working version?, or maybe it is already and am I missing something?

this maven repo is needed only if you want to use android tools version more than 3.0.0 however this was producing an issue with the intellij idea that’s why the android tool version is 2.3.0, I don’t know if they fix the issue.

one thing that I forgot to mention in GitHub to make a change to the project you will need IntelliJ idea cause the UI depend on some future on it.

Well, in my case, without android studio is giving me issues. It can’t find ‘com.android.support:appcompat-v7:27.0.2’ if I don’t add the google’s repo

@NemesisMate are you using android studio or IntelliJ IDEA?