jMonkey Wizard

I already use Intellij IDEA (not android studio). However, it doesn’t seem to be complete. It seem to be missing parts (maybe because of the plugins you mention). There are some .class that shouldn’t be there too.

Anyway, another thing that is missing in the generated project by the wizard is some gradle wrapper files (gradlew).
Too, maybe for the :core and :android, the default source version should be 1.7 (some android limitations).

I don’t think that the gradlew is necessary so I didn’t use it.

I didn’t use any plugin expect the built-in filters in IntelliJ idea

I gess that android update java version to 8 last year. so the limit is 1.8 not 1.7.

As per android docs, java 1.8 is only supported by API 24+ (Android 7.0+). The bigger market share is under that version.

It is not necessary, nothing is never necessary xD, but it helps to run the project without any configuration or IDE requirement, and ensures that the gradle configs are well configured.

Well… I cloned the project and imported it to intellij, tried to execute it and only got errors. So, I didn’t go further, not that interested (I’m just commenting this things because it can be the difference between the community adopting a tool or just leaving it die with the time)

@NemesisMate I will not drop this project anytime soon.
I didn’t have any problems with cloning and importing the project in IntelliJ idea. and I didn’t find any errors while importing or while running the project. can you send some photos I may be able to help?

A new update is released changes in UI and minor bugs fixed.

just interesting, why do you use swing to build UI? :slight_smile:

@javasabr I will use JavaFX when I learn how to use it, probably in one month cause I don’t have much time.

1 Like

JMW will use JavaFX in the next release:

1 Like

new update but still in Beta:
*Update to JavaFX
*Fix missing styles.xml, colors.xml and project icons for Android.

There is a lot of things missing in the last update don’t use it. i will fix it tonight (universal time).

@NemesisMate you will like this release: now you can choose both Java and Gradle versions.
@javasabr I guess that I can learn fast I was able to learn JavaFX in less than a day(I already know Java AWT and Swing and CSS).
Third stable Version of jMonkey Wizard.

what’s next:
*Add all the famous unofficial dependencies.
*choice of a personal template.
*add git support(updating template using git).

I could have liked it but… all I get is:

https://i.imgur.com/pJSyIOx.png

Java info:

java version "9.0.4"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)

SO: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

(No errors logs)

This is weird (I also use Java 9 but on windows), it looks that the default size is ignored can you try this build
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18zhLfo1i7hbxqw6ilefxYM-4ghMXQwRH

That one works fine (but I can resize it if I drag the borders, I don’t know if it’s expected)

Yes I did that for you. it’s expected.
is the size of the windows good from the beginning or you have to resize it?

-O- software on demand, that’s awesome!!!, can I ask you to make my daily work too? :star_struck:

:+1:

of course NO, I work for free only on open source.

I will have to do an other release now.