jMonkeyEngine 3.1 alpha 1 released!

That is the new repository for jme-contrib projects.

Or do you meant the ios stuff in jme itself? That was also moved.

So you will have to be more specific about what source project you mean and about where and why you want it somewhere that it isn’t yet.

We’re looking for:

It has to be moved to the SDK repository.

@DarkChaos : To which directory should we move it?

The jME3 iOS plugin has to be compiled and then installed into jMonkeyEngine SDK to work.
@Darkchaos perhaps this plugin can be made part of the SDK instead of being separated like it is now? No reason to keep it separated now that the SDK is in its own repo.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the plug-in I’m referring to.

It’s the plug-in that starts the download of Avian OpenJDK.

I’m even having problems with the old one now (3.0),. If I try to use it, then there is an error “Error Creating Folders” so I can’t use IOS at all in any version.

For 3.1 it doesn’t work, because it was not adapted. I installed it manually, but that only shows that it isn’t compatible.

That’s a pity. Really.

I guess the Repo was seperate to allow updates to it without requiring the Users to reinstall the SDK?
I don’t know if this is possible with Plugins kept in Core (so if you can override modules part of the base distribution, but I guess you can? @normen ?)

Apart from that we could make it available but having a working version would at least require some iOS Devs willing to either work on it or at least provide responsive feedback (and compile from source).

That being said the Post of the Maintainer aswell as some casual contributions are always welcome :smile:

@nehon would have to move the repo as I don’t know how to use git bisect or w/e to properly have the commit history

If it’s moved to the SDK repository we atleast have a startingpoint.

Sure you can update single plugins in the sdk. The iOS plugin was made separate because it only really works for Mac users plus it was/is in alpha. Thats why its in the contrib center and not in the main sdk…