jMonkeyEngine 3.1 alpha 1 released!

Maven artifacts are available here:
http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/maven/

Currently it is for 3.1 snapshots only, but for 3.1-alpha2, there will be a tagged release as well.

1 Like

Hi, I can not find the iOS plugin in update center? Any idea?

It’s not yet ported to 3.1. You still have to use 3.0.

Hi, great work with the alpha release. +1 for the request of 3.1 alpha to maven repository.

Hi,
Regards commit Obsolete shadowRecv and sceneReceivers code cleanup · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine@8c37778 · GitHub

and the change in
public GeometryList getShadowQueueContent(ShadowMode shadBucket)

how can we get such GeometryList now, the commit is not obvious about the API change at all.

@erlend_sh Quick question, where can I find a list of API changes in case I missed that important post?

We should also have a migration guide because there are big changes in this release. Almost my project need refactoring and a lot of diving into the github repo to find out what hapeen. This job should be easier if there is a list of important changes that user should notice in advanced.

1 Like

The old way:

RenderQueue rq = viewPort.getQueue();
GeometryList casters = rq.getShadowQueueContent(ShadowMode.Cast);

The new way:

RenderQueue rq = viewPort.getQueue();
for (Spatial scene : viewPort.getScenes()) {
    ShadowUtil.getGeometriesInCamFrustum(scene, viewPort.getCamera(), ShadowMode.Cast, casters);
}

Presumes you cleared the casters list previously.

Yes, someone should start one. Are you volunteering?

The thing is no one really knows until someone notices something and posts about it. I’ve cut everyone’s pay and denied them bonuses this year to make up for it. :wink:

Ok,

I will make a new topic for that purpose. At least I will find other usecase that I didn’t notice also.

1 Like

Well Done.

Glad to see an open source engine outside the realms of Unity 5 & UE4 that uses a language I pretty much started serious programming with.

Nice!

Hi. How far away are from being able to use ios in 3.1? Is this alpha2 ? When is that?

NetBeans 8.1 is just around the corner. Especially the improved GIT support (the same bullet point is on every release :slight_smile: ) sounds good. Any chance the JME 3.1 SDK would make use of NetBeans 8.1?

Just wanted to say: Great work! My compliments for reaching that milestone!
A day or two ago I read the feature list and it’s many things that are very cool!
:chimpanzee_smile:

Do you have a link to that list?

Netbeans 8.1 is out:
https://netbeans.org/community/releases/81/

Is there any changes on SkyBox? My skybox-images dont show up in the new alpha.

If the terrain works propper in android in 3.1now, its a big improvement! :wink:

Is the IOS plugin ported yet?

It’s not ported yet.

It should be moved from GoogleCode to the new repository before GoogleCode is finally shutting down.

Can you create an issue in the issue tracker?

You mean this project?

Or a different one?

I already moved all of the jme-contrib projects last summer.

I think that what we’re looking for.

@Normen : Can you confirm that?

If yes, then it only has to be moved to the new repository.