Today (30 May) version 3.4.0-stable of JMonkeyEngine was released to Maven Central:
May it meet with approval!
My sincere thanks to everyone who contributed to v3.4: proposing enhancements, testing libraries/examples, reporting issues, submitting/reviewing/integrating pull requests, writing/updating documentation, and in myriad other ways.
At this time, there’s no v3.4 SDK, and the Wiki still needs further updates.
Detailed lists of upgrade considerations, new features, bugs addressed, general improvements, and deprecations may be viewed on Github.
Note particularly the following very important changes relative to JMonkeyEngine v3.3:
- Gamma correction is enabled by default.
- Vsync is enabled by default.
- Maven artifacts aren’t available from JCenter.
- The “jme3-bullet”, “jme3-bullet-native”, and “jme-bullet-native-android” libraries (physics using native Bullet) were removed.
- The “jme3-blender” library (Blender importer) was removed.
I’ll send a brief note to our financial contributors at Open Collective.
Would anyone care to draft an announcement for our blog?