Job Offer

I have promised my boss to look everywhere… hehe. What about here?

Rolls-Royce Marine in Norway are seeking a motivated java-based graphics programmer.

JME is pluss.

Swing is pluss.

Fond of nature is pluss.

We are located in a small town in the NW of Norway, with plenty of interresting things to do after work:

Mountains, fjords, wavesurfing, windsurfing, climbing, fishing, hunting, sailing, etc…

We are a small developer group in a big international company, making the new generation of UI's for controlling vessels.

If this sounds interresting, please drop me a line!

sounds cool dude, but i think i'll stay where i am (at least until i finish my studies)  :wink:

Will they sponsor me to come check it out first? Maybe do alittle windsurfing. :smiley:

Norway? More like No way!

Hoho,  with my razor sharp wit I should get a t-shirt saying "handle with care"  8)

• Chris
Gentleman Hal said:

Norway? More like No way!

Hoho,  with my razor sharp wit I should get a t-shirt saying "handle with care"  8)

- Chris

You rode the short bus to school didn't you? 
darkfrog said:

I'm British and don't get your short bus reference...  :P  :wink:

Also we didn't get free buses to school, infact (in my area) they actually charge more before 9am!
Gentleman Hal said:

darkfrog said:

Also we didn't get free buses to school, infact (in my area) they actually charge more before 9am!

To ride the "short bus" is an American expression.  In the US the short bus generally is the bus that picks up the "special" kids to take them to school
Gentleman Hal said:

I guess I'll just have to make more Monty Pyth*n (apparently you can't say that word in these forums - I think it's a monkey thing) comments when directing jokes at you then.  ;)

just admit you were looking for more people except yourself taking the "short bus" :slight_smile:

MrCoder said:

just admit you were looking for more people except yourself taking the "short bus" :)

I thought that was fairly obvious....  :|

<monologue>
Oh the torment of childhood, how long shall you plague me?  A lone frog trying to survive school....oh the sadness...oh the pain....  :'(
</monologue>

MrCoder, let that be a lesson to you!  Fear my brobdingnagian monologues!

hal, just noticed youre signature from martin fowler of thought works

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.

Good programmers write code that humans can understand."

• Martin Fowler, Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code

Erm - wasnt he the guy that rubished his books of 10 years in favour of agile and xp - would like to see understandable code in agile xp even with 2 coders Mr Fowler

i'd say agile xp gives more readable code since it leaves out any feature that "might be needed one day"

… and so they managed to hijack a thread again.  :smiley:

but i have to admit: speaking about darkfrog's childhood problems makes me understand how hard it must have been for him. all those subtle crys for help… oh, poor amphibian.  :stuck_out_tongue:

darkfrog said:

I guess I'll just have to make more Monty Pyth*n (apparently you can't say that word in these forums - I think it's a monkey thing) comments when directing jokes at you then.  ;)

No, I mean Yes, no wait.... ARGGGGHHHHH!

hehehe. Okay. I will deliver all the replys to my boss… Hmmm, around here all busses are short…  :roll:

fond of nature or naturism    :smiley:

This would totally be the job for me, unfortunately I still have university to finish, maybe I'll check back with you in a year… (Well, I am not that much of a graphics guru, but on the other hand, I really love ships, and the sea. Which is probably a must, to live in your corner of the world :wink: and I imagine it might help with the job, as well.)

tommys said:

... Hmmm,, around here all busses are short.. 

:-o Oh my God, this must be darkfrogs ideal job location!

Would be nice to read a bit more about the kind of work you're offering. Is there an official job page for this?

What kind of vessel is it? Marine suggests you're a defense unit, right?

desertrunner said:
Marine suggests you're a defense unit, right?

Marine just means water dude. ;)