Making models and giving movements

Hi,

Making a 3d model in blender of a tank/car/character is quite easy. But I didn’t get it completely how to make it

animated.

For example: If you got a character that walks, do you need to make a walking animation in blender, Or should this be done

with the physics of the JMP as in one of the tuts (with those wires).

For example: I got a model of a tank, But I need to make spinning tracks for when its moving. Its better to do this in blender or in the JMP?

I also heard that it might be useful to use the pre-maid physics of a car that is in the JMP.

Another example: A model of a person in blender. But I need to make it walk or take a weapon in action, shooting etc. What would be the right and best approach. And also … an animation that walks doesn’t necessarely give a real-person-physics right?

This was the only thing that was not clear to me in the modeling wiki.

Thanks in advance.

Complex animation is done in blender e.g attack animation.

Simple things like rotation to look at a point from code / physics.

Some things require both like moving animation. Code to specify where his position will be and blender to specify exactly how it looks.

sheikh said:
For example: If you got a character that walks, do you need to make a walking animation in blender, Or should this be done
with the physics of the JMP as in one of the tuts (with those wires).

In blender.

sheikh said:
For example: I got a model of a tank, But I need to make spinning tracks for when its moving. Its better to do this in blender or in the JMP?
I also heard that it might be useful to use the pre-maid physics of a car that is in the JMP.

You have to implement yourself TankControl like the VehicleControl.

sheikh said:
Another example: A model of a person in blender. But I need to make it walk or take a weapon in action, shooting etc. What would be the right and best approach. And also ..

Look at the PickMouseTest.java (or something like this, i don't remember the name :D).

sheikh said:
an animation that walks doesn't necessarely give a real-person-physics right?

Look at the TestWalkingCycle.java (or something like this :D, i don't remember the name too).