(May 2015) Montly WIP screenshot thread

Wow, there is some impressive work going on this month and I am very pleased to see so many people using jME.
I did some game this month which I like to share. The download will be available at the end of the month.

Here is a preview:

7 Likes

I want to know more! Can you tell us what you used to make this? Is is designed for desktop? android? iOS? I’m all about 2D in JME3! Very cool!!

@t0neg0d , I am using a framework I wrote for my game development.
I call it Galago…

I am still in the process of making this library open to the public as a plugin lib for people to use.
This library just helps with the workflow of one’s game and recently I added a 2D framework dyn4j to it.
Galago contains a sprite engine which is very BASIC but works for me.
Here is some links of my previous games and tests made with it:
Ludum Dare 32
Pixel Pong game
MiniLudumDare 58

Regarding this game, it is planned for android and PC. Currently only PC.
I am also doing it as a Mini Ludum Dare 59 entry.

2 Likes

You are unstoppable. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hehehehe
Thanks to all contributors of this cool engine…
What can I say, I love game dev as a hobby.

Awesome! looking forward to taking a look at once you release it!

I am now very close to a finished product and can’t wait to release to the community.
Here is the second preview video of Dimension Drifter:

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Wait… I’m a little confused… Is this Galago a pluggin for JME to make sprite game development easier?

Well not yet, but once released it will be.
It also contains a simple UI framework together with game workflow classes.
So basically it simplifies you as developer’s life when starting a game.
It provides all sorts of helper classes such as a screen flow app state, sound/music manager, 2D or 3D BaseApplication which also plugs into a simple android development process.

This is my own in house library and I want to share what I use with the community and beginner developer.

:smile:

1 Like

Easier 2D development with jME would be incredible!

Okay here is a link to my game Dimension Drifter.
It is a 2D platform adventure/puzzle game.
Download Dimension Drifter

Any feedback will be awesome.
Thanks.

1 Like

A video would be better, so we can see exactly what it is.

Scroll up

You mean like the one in this thread:

…which has the same video as earlier in this thread?

Literally 8 posts up dude:

Great game. I extracted the asset.jar to see the assets. The spirit sheet is a nicely done.

But I am having some glitches,

Looks amazing, can you post a video?

lol, the troll is strong with this one

1 Like

Hi @iamcreasy. Thanks for the feedback.
So basically this game was done for a Mini Ludum Dare # 59 which is a gaming compo.
The idea of this mini ludum dare was to create a game using a given sprite sheet and then creating a sprite sheet using the sprite sheet template provided.
Then at the end of the compo each entrant will swap or use a different sprite sheets of someone else’s game.

So there were many strange sprite sheets submitted. That is the reason for that one you saw with the glitch.
Go to the options menu and turn off the random sprite sheet option. This will give you only those ones in the assets.jar file.

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether it’s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!