Monkeys at the beach

Update from SVN and try the water again, I fixed quite a few bugs that occurred on NVIDIA cards.

And I committed a fix for bandings on ati cards, now it should work fine anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWlUzgRN3Pc

Hereā€™s a higher resolution water video

well, i guess my old graphics card must be crapping out in the development department

[java]

Jan 4, 2011 12:09:07 AM com.jme3.app.Application handleError

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Framebuffer object format is unsupported by the video hardware.

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.checkFrameBufferError(LwjglRenderer.java:1056)

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.setFrameBuffer(LwjglRenderer.java:1284)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:696)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:737)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:216)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:144)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:141)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:198)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 15 seconds)

[/java]

that was on my NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

sry i couldnt test it further haha

Check your drivers version, or check that no other opengl application is running on your computer.

I actually have a GeForce 8400M GS and thats the card I used to work on the water shader!

I also had the issue you mentioned, but I updated my drivers and the issue disappeared.

Still didnā€™t test it but i can surely tell that you are the best nehon ! Thanks a lot for this wonderfull work :wink:

This is my test from my nvidia n220 pc, Iā€™m using jMP and I should have all the latest updates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEUmS_06BI

Not quite sure how to post a video, first time using youtube.

@lwsquad: You are still using an old version, there are two bugs there that I definitely fixed.

Try rebuilding jME3

How do I rebuild jME3 in jMP?

I fixed the ā€œlaggingā€ reflection too.

The strangest thing is that shading issue on the beach. Normen has something similar on his mac.

Other than that the water looks as it should.

To compile last SVN version of JME3 follow this doc https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:jmonkeyplatform:use_own_jme

Strangely the last nightly build is from 12/31/2010

ok, so as suggested I updated my drivers.

Yay I can now run the test.

Now, at fullscreen with a screen full of water, i get 30 fps

Also note, I have the same shading bugs seen in the video by lwsquad, specifically the island getting dark as I move away

Now, I deleted my old Jme3Tests project and recreated it, I also Clean and Build actioned it. Those didnt fix the problem.

Everything is also updated to the latest version as far as JMP goes.

Could you please test it without the water filter, and see if the shading problem persists?

in TestPostWater comment line 99

My line 99 looks like this:

[java]waterHeight = (float) Math.cos(((time * 0.6f) % FastMath.TWO_PI)) * 1.5f;[/java]

Commenting it out still renders the water.

mhh you donā€™t have latest version, but comment the line where the processor is added to the viewport.

Ok, I did. Looks like the artifacts for the beach still exist. btw, it doesnt seem like jMP is finding any updates this week, even when manually reloading the catalog in the plugin update tab.

Oh, there was an error with the compile since theres new methods beginInput and endInput in CameraControllerā€¦ Should be fixed, I am running a build right now.

jMP updated!

Render since Update :slight_smile:

Edit: Not sure why the link wasnā€™t showing up correctly.

Vid here.

This looks fantastic! Canā€™t wait.

@lwsquad cool!!

javatar said:
This looks fantastic! Can't wait.

er...you don't have to...it's already in ;)