Monthly WIP Category?

Hey. Just a weird request. Any chance of adding a new category to the forum here specifically for the Monthly WIPs?

I know for myself if I’m gone for a little bit I like to jump onto the Monthly WIP threads to see what’s the new hotness.

1 Like

There was a thread like this sometime ago, people were proposing to make a gallery-like site, i picked up the project and made this: http://monthly.jmonkeyengine.org/

(github GitHub - riccardobl/JME-Monthly-gallery)

I’ve never finished it though, it needs a serverside component to reduce the image size to improve loading time (for mobile expecially).

2 Likes

Just jumped to that URL… That spinning banana… It’s… perfect. lol

If you do go back to working on it could you add maybe a way to flip between images? Like using the arrow keys or something? The image scaling is a nice feature but kind of a nice to have I’d think.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah, why not. Contributions are welcome btw :frog:

1 Like

I think a special category is not a bad idea at this point. We’ve been doing these long enough that it would be nice to have them all grouped into one.

1 Like

How would I contribute? Is this code in a git repo?

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

Great! I might take a quick peak at this in the coming days. My internet is a bit limited. But I’ll see what I can do.

If there is a new category, could someone go back and put every wip thread in it? I think we started sometime in 2014

1 Like

Just went back to my profile. Holy cow, it’s coming up on four years ago

1 Like

yep…seen that some time ago, I was like “we must have started that since around 6 months”… BAM 4 years…

1 Like

I made the category… trying to find a way to bulk move the threads in it… there are fifty of them and it’s gonna take forever one by one

2 Likes

ok done

6 Likes