More LOD in steady-state?

Sirs,

Need help asap!

How is it possible to increase the LOD (level of detail - rendering) in a steady-state scene (when no animations are running)?

Thank you!

u can use either DLOD or CLOD. there r examples in the jme packge.

hmmm, you could, but why?!? A non-animated scene does not render faster than an animated one…

irrisor, neakor, the point is this: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=6876.0

I need to achieve a better rendering quality, a better LOD then, in steady-state, but also in variable-sate if possible (I guess it's no always possible).

How can that better LOD be achieved?

I just need at least the borders of the 3D models to be smooth, not so rough as they currently are.

How is it possible to get that, just the borders to be smoother?

LOD is wrong wording then. I think you should continue discussion in the other topic.

Great, irrisor, LOD is not the topic. But, then, what's the topic about improving edges (make them smooth) of models in 3D rendering?

manuelbarzi said:

Great, irrisor, LOD is not the topic. But, then, what's the topic about improving edges (make them smooth) of models in 3D rendering?

as irrisor said, it is not called LOD. the term u r looking for is multi-sampling.

if u r using sime game u can do this by calling this.samples = 4; in ur game constrctor before the window is created.

the 4 there can be any number that is a power of 2. so 2, 4, 8 16...

with "other topic" I meant the other thread you already linked :slight_smile:

I am using StandardGame, as recommended for multi-threading issues.

In that case, may it change the way to play with multi-sampling?

Before the game is started you can change the settings to do what neakor said.  Take a look at the GameSettings in StandardGame.  I believe it's just game.getSettings()?

Yes, game.getSettings() provides options for that. I will try it :wink:

It worked great. Now I see perfectly smooth lines (game.setSamples(16)), but the performance went down a lot…  :expressionless:

Strange how that happens. :wink: