Multisample textures not running (Windows 7)

Hi ^^ I solved all my matters with IDE but now when i try to run my game an error appears on console:“Multisample textures not supported by render software”

What are multisample textures and how can i solve this?Maybe this is gonna be a real problem to releasing the game as a multi-platform software.

Have antialsiing on. Aka numsamples ect.? Have you installed a graficdriver from your vendor?
What are your system specs?

I just asked what multisample textures are.I have antialiasing and numsamples enabled and drivers should be updated.I don’t have any chance to post specs now,i’ll do as soon as possible.

All i can say is that i run it without matters with MESA drivers and ATI juniper pro on Kubuntu 14.04

Any chance you can post the full log?

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Multisample textures are not supported by the video hardware.
Loading player
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.convertTextureType(GLRenderer.java:1709)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateTexImageData(GLRenderer.java:1973)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateRenderTexture(GLRenderer.java:1422)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateFrameBufferAttachment(GLRenderer.java:1445)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateFrameBuffer(GLRenderer.java:1476)
at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.setFrameBuffer(GLRenderer.java:1573)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1005)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1078)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:260)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:152)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:192)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:233)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I can say i can get in the main menu that is all made of GUI(buttons,curtains etc…) but when i start 3d scene i get this error.

I have another project and when i run the game i just get a black screen. It doesn’t have any GUI as it’s rough and it jumps directly into the scene.

I can run the BasicGame project at 1000 fps.

I mean the full output from the application which has info like OpenGL version, system version, etc.

run:
ago 06, 2015 11:09:47 PM com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem initialize
INFORMAZIONI: Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.1.0 (snapshot-github)

• Branch: unknown
  • Git Hash:
  • Build Date: 2015-05-05
    ago 06, 2015 11:09:48 PM com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext printContextInitInfo
    INFORMAZIONI: LWJGL 2.9.3 context running on thread jME3 Main
  • Graphics Adapter: igdumd64
  • Driver Version: 9.17.10.3517
  • Scaling Factor: 1
    ago 06, 2015 11:09:48 PM com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer loadCapabilitiesCommon
    INFORMAZIONI: OpenGL Renderer Information
  • Vendor: Intel
  • Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 3000
  • OpenGL Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.3517
  • GLSL Version: 1.40 - Intel Build 9.17.10.3517

ago 06, 2015 11:10:01 PM com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.MaterialLoader readPassStatement
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: shading
ago 06, 2015 11:10:01 PM com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.MaterialLoader readPassStatement
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: transparent_sorting
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: alpha_to_coverage
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: colour_write
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: depth_check
AVVERTENZA: Unsupported pass directive: depth_func
ago 06, 2015 11:10:01 PM com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.Material

Then the error i wrote in other messages and logs about PBR loading,no more.

Now i disabled all features(PBR,radial blur,parallax etc…) And game runned once.When i tried to restart this error appeared again (effects were enabled) so i think is something about them.

Just a gues, did you install the drivers from intel? or did you let windows update handle it? Cause older intel drivers are pretty crappy and update is rarely uptodate :slight_smile:

The new ones are pretty crappy too but hopefully less crappy… always keep up to date with the intel cards, for sure.

This is not my pc so i don’t really know how the drivers are installed,i think they’re done by autoupdate.

This is weird, because I thought we didn’t require multisample texture support for multisampling in filters, instead we use copyFrameBuffer for this. @nehon do you have any idea?

1 Like

copyFrameBuffer is used if there is no ogl31 capability. I guess this check is not enough…we should check for multisampled textures.

Multisample textures were added in 3.2, not 3.1:
https://www.opengl.org/wiki/History_of_OpenGL#OpenGL_3.2_.282009.29

You can change the check to Caps.TextureMultisample, but then you will need to enable the extension in the shader which might be a bit tedious. Maybe easier to just require OpenGL 3.2 for this.

Alright, gonna do it.

Done. FilterPostProcessor now checks for ogl 3.2 capability to use multitsa… · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine@d7b0292 · GitHub
@aegroto could you confirm it fixed your issue?

Can’t test right now,i’m with mobile broadband and no ADSL…i’ll test as soon as possible.