NCsoft Looking For Engineers

To be completely fair, we all should be counting on us, since jME is everyone, and we cannot expect only the devs to do something superb (which they certainly do  ;))

well i certainly didn't manage to do anything superb so the devs have to do my part too :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn't you make the svg-improved version of the monkey icon?  :smiley:

there's no such thing! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol  :smiley:

anyway, i'd suggest that that non-existing thing should replace the "traditional" logo in 1.0. and i'm as always open for comments/suggestions/criticism.

if some artist at ncsoft is totally bored he might come up with much better version of the monkey (or even a 3d version for the demos) :wink:

It's already the logo in most places (eg in your right top corner), so I'd be nice to update the textures too. (and maybe put it on jmonkeyengine.com, there's no logo at all there).

Mojo / renanse, Can it be taken that NCsoft looking for engineers is a complete vote in confidence for JmonkeyEngine??

Are they recruiting for the game you are working on or for a new idea ??

Last time I looked, there were jME job positions listed on our board that were not related to our project.  I'll just leave it at that.  :slight_smile:

Check out the jobs postings on the NCSoft jobs site:

Good luck for you doug.

Yay doug, all the best !!!

Great news!! I took a job with NCSoft down in Austin, I’ll be moving down there in the next couple weeks, leaving my native MA behind.

This is literally a dream come true, to make a living doing what I’m passionate about.

I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with the great guys down at NCSoft especially Josh, Mark, and Rikard! Also being able to work with jME everyday is going to be great!

I think Austin, TX will soon have the highest Monkey population density in the U.S.  :lol:

Like josh has said, the more Monkey’s you have in the same room working on jME the better it’s going to be for the jME community, and it looks like NCSoft is committed to maintaining and improving the jME open source community.

hooray! congratulations doug!  :smiley:

i'm really glad you made your dream come true. i hope one day i'll get that far too.

it's also nice to know that the monkey team became stronger ;).

this is great news. the best things that can happen to jme is that well-known/veteran and talented community members get to work on/with jme on their real jobs.

awsome!

good luck to you.

Congratulations! Money makes beeing commited even sweeter  :smiley:

Well done doug, the hard work paid off.

Awesome!  Grats Doug!  Great to hear that NCSoft continues to see benefit in stringly supporting the jME community.  They have yet another great developer on board to assist that effort now!

llama said:

It's already the logo in most places (eg in your right top corner), so I'd be nice to update the textures too. (and maybe put it on jmonkeyengine.com, there's no logo at all there).

If you haven't yet noticed, the splash and monkey images in cvs are now updated with a cleaner version pulled from the svg.

i noticed that. i monitor the checkin logs quite carefully :wink: