New Test built 20110411 - With networking!

I need teleport portals :cry:

heheh… a teleport command is high on my todo list after playing for a while.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2hy0k.jpg

Normen's house with Remy's relocated eiffel tower in the background.

I should start a separate thread for cool Mythruna pics.

Sorry, crashes on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64, mesa 7.9, iGPU from Core i5 560 in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Log files and crash report: http://cid-bd01334e6186501a.office.live.com/browse.aspx/jME3/Mythruna20110411

BTW: correct command to launch server is

java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -cp Mythruna-20110412.jar mythruna/server/GameServer

pspeed said:
heheh... a teleport command is high on my todo list after playing for a while.

:D awesome.

one more thing, please do something about the ESC button plzzzz.... :roll:

My game crashed just when i wanted to log out :slight_smile: perfect timing.

WASD said:
My game crashed just when i wanted to log out :) perfect timing.

A feature! :)

FYI… there is a known issue where sometimes the back-channel TCP connection gets really lagged… symptoms are that block changes and the chat no longer seem to work… even if the rest of us see your messages. Sometimes it clears itself up but it’s usually faster to disconnect and reconnect.

sorry… most of the time it’s ok.

pspeed: are you using DXT compression?

no

anouser said:
Sorry, crashes on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64, mesa 7.9, iGPU from Core i5 560 in both singleplayer and multiplayer.
Log files and crash report: http://cid-bd01334e6186501a.office.live.com/browse.aspx/jME3/Mythruna20110411

BTW: correct command to launch server is
java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -cp Mythruna-20110412.jar mythruna/server/GameServer

These look like they crash Java itself... so I have no idea. Looks like something in lwjgl... but I have no idea what, if anything, I'm doing triggers it.

Is anyone else running successfully on 64 bit?

Program counter at -1 … Sounds pretty bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Im running on 64bit :stuck_out_tongue: may be that’s why I am high when I play :evil:

I am running on Win7 64bit. Game starts but crashes when I try to load the enviroment either on single or multiplayer.

I have tried on my very old computer (single core, DDR1!!, Xp 32bit) and it failed to even launch. SplashScreen pops up, I choose resolution and depth, press play/start and nothing but a flash of a screen and… nothing. No crash report is made :frowning:

half said:
I am running on Win7 64bit. Game starts but crashes when I try to load the enviroment either on single or multiplayer.
I have tried on my very old computer (single core, DDR1!!, Xp 32bit) and it failed to even launch. SplashScreen pops up, I choose resolution and depth, press play/start and nothing but a flash of a screen and... nothing. No crash report is made :(

The older card probably fails before it even gets to my code.

And your other crash is still the bloom thing, right? In the jme tests there's a TestBloom. Does this fail in a similar way?
pspeed said:
The older card probably fails before it even gets to my code.
And your other crash is still the bloom thing, right? In the jme tests there's a TestBloom. Does this fail in a similar way?

Yup just tested it. It's the Bloom effect that causes it. Tests give same error.
Abit odd but when it really becomes odd is when AMD's catalyst new driver installer gives an error updating to a new version and tells me to contact manufacturer. Double PHAIL!! :(

EDIT: I've finally been able to install new drivers. And it does now work! (Have tried single player and it worked.) Have tried to join Multiplayer but it took some heavy 10 minutes and still was @ 80% and accidently pressed Esc :(
Then I quit for a few time. Have work to do. Will try later in the day.

Awesome stuff that we can see in single player.
props!

Is it just me or is the server down? (13:40 GMT)

Might be, I cant login too… Freezes when I press the button… Before I had the “backchannel bug” a few times, then couldn’t login anymore.

1 Like
pspeed said:
FYI... there is a known issue where sometimes the back-channel TCP connection gets really lagged... symptoms are that block changes and the chat no longer seem to work... even if the rest of us see your messages. Sometimes it clears itself up but it's usually faster to disconnect and reconnect.

sorry... most of the time it's ok.

Might be what he says there, or the server is down completly.
Let's wait and see.
normen said:
Might be, I cant login too.. Freezes when I press the button.. Before I had the "backchannel bug" a few times, then couldn't login anymore.

@pspeed: there's another bug if you haven't got it: it freezes if it cant connect (I assume), it should let us go back to the main menu or at least quit (I have to kill java to quit when it freezes)