No JMEDesktop on Apple

Hello,

Is it a known issue that the JMEDesktop doesn't show up on Apple or am I doing something wrong? The interface works fine on a windows pc.

Thanks.

It works on at least some Macs. Maybe if you post some details on what type of Mac we're dealing with here. I assume you tried the standard test?

Also, try a different java look and feel.

I'm trying to run it on a G5 iMac (iSight) running Mac OS X 10.4.5. Any look and feel I've tried leaves me without the swing components, except when I don't set a look and feel at all or when I set the look and feel to the Apple default (apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel).

When I set it to the Aqua look and feel, the JTabbedPane's don't have tabs. I've tested it in another application, and everything works normally there, just not on the JMEDesktop.

So what you're saying is, it does show up. Just not one specific look and feel you tried?

Well, people can do all kinds of things with their look and feel that could cause it not to show up in jME desktop. Most of them irrisor can probably do little about, if a look and feel assumes certain things that are only true when it's used on the desktop. It could be there are specific Mac issues with this too… try another game that uses a specific look and feel such as Hevee guns:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=2880.0

No, what I'm saying is that none of the look and feels that I've tried work, except for the default java one. I know there has to be a mistake in my code, because the JMEDesktop test game works with all look and feels. The Hevee Guns however, does not have a GUI when I load it.