(October 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Though note that github lets you check out projects as SVN. That’s what I do for all of my projects. I’m forced to use git at work but in my free time I prefer “easier”.

1 Like

Alright, how did I do? GitHub - MoffKalast/maskedLighting: A lighted shader that appears unshaded even under the DLSR depending on the mask parameter. Set the texture parameter "GlowMask" to a glowmap to make those parts appear unshaded.

Should probably make a separate topic so people can find it.

2 Likes

You did great, only one suggestion: licence is usually put in a file called LICENCE.md in the root folder of the repo. That way github allows you to just select the licence you want (it has lots of licence templates).

1 Like

Oh, didn’t know that. Lemme fix it up real quick.

Do it from the web page and you get a dropdown to choose between a set of licenses :slight_smile:

Are you time travelling, or is GitHub having problems?

Dammit, he’s on to me!

Sir, our ship is ready for the next update!

Don’t mind the white part in the middle of black ones, I forgot to change something when copy-pasting :smiley:

11 Likes

F-35b & cliffs :

15 Likes

Adopting MonkeyBrains for my game/style and making it multithreaded.
“Don’t have more than 100 Objects they said, your game will explode, they said”.

I have to admit that with fewer Agents there were ~3k FPS possible, though :smiley:
In this shot it was actually 40FPS but the Windows Snipping Tool defocused the App so it was restarting up again from 0 FPS, hence the lower FPS.

The more CPU intense Cohesion Behavior maxed out at 3 FPS, let’s see what I can optimize tomorrow.

Edit: Lol, without updating the AI so simply rendering, I have 49 FPS :see_no_evil:
Edit2: Done! :smiley: Awesome, now it all depends on JMEs Performance, no matter which behavior you choose.

6 Likes

Great
Thanks for maintaining MonkeyBrains. :grinning:

I haven’t done much with JMonkey as of late, but I did finally get a SSD put in my laptop… Feels like night and day! Also I’m glad to see this forum never really goes inactive

Well it’s nothing to be really thankful for, since I’m not actually maintaining it but tearing it apart, deleting quite some (actually useful stuff for others) things and changing the Interfaces.

But the benefits are: Controlling BetterCharacterControls, Multithreading and generally calculations in Callables/Futures.

Essentially I changed it from an AI Framework to an AI Library.

Sorry to spam, I’m actually being productive for once so it’s nice to have something to share =)

More texturing on F-35b, grass now kinda moves in the wind, but it’s a bit ass.

13 Likes

Some contrast would be a great addition to your scene.

I completely agree… 1) my colour correction filter isn’t 3.1 compatible; and b) for some reason, FFSplit + jME + youtube = washed out videos for me, no idea why.

1 Like

Added some light sources today for decoration purposes. I’ve added a chandelier, candle, and floating candle. Interesting note… the table right in front of the character with the candle on it isn’t actually a table model but is actually two upside down wood stair blocks recessed into the middle layer to fake the look of a table using the decoration tool I showed off previously. Probably going to work on some gameplay footage tomorrow among other things.

17 Likes

Grass attempt #13 ,#14, #34 ? lost count now…

There is lots to fix, early but I finally have the grass being flattened, by Jaime - destroyer of worlds.

The “flat grass” has the lower stalks brightened, and the rest darkened, it is directionally flattened. Permanent displacement (e.g. being run over by a tire / crushed flat) is written to a texture, temporary displacement (e.g. wind / being pushed over a bit) is rendered on top of the texture as displacement sprite images, that fade away.

FPS is eating ass due to fill rate issues on my ancient GPU, when the grass is not so large (done to show off effect) FPS comes back up.

14 Likes
18 Likes

Really nice! Will it be available somewhere?