(October 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Testing day/night cycle using Skycontrol (I would like to use SimFX but currenly Skycontrol is more advanced)
(Speed x15)

Testing tree and grass movement with wind too (working on normals)

Aaaand, sorry for the FPS, my computer can’t handle JME and a video recorder program (well, really a video recorder program and whatever :sweat_smile:)

17 Likes

I like the controls for turning, they look very practical.

I suppose that depends on what axis you mean. :slight_smile: I think SkyControl has a lot more settings in a different direction where as the sky stuff in SimFX attempts to be a relatively-accurate atmospheric simulation… but doesn’t have clouds and stars (yet).

Which things specifically did you feel like SimFX was missing?

Well. I use SkyControl too. I played a bit with it and expanded some functionality.
Like: If cloud covers a sun then it lightscattering power becomes weaker or disappears at all and shadows become less expressed, like this:

Cloud covering is not very accurate yet but at least even now you can feel that sun hides.

19 Likes

Cheers. The Lens Flare uses radially dispersed ghosts, the still WIP available parameters are :

Very interesting, but what is a “Ghot?” :wink:

3 Likes

No i mean you have a spelling mistake in the UI. You’re missing an S in Ghost.

oh :wink:

Couldn’t you push the changes to SkyControl?, or share a forked project? :P, that looks awesome.

1 Like

That’s the main issue! xD (and maybe a moon… ;))

I would like to echo @NemesisMate please share these new SkyControl features :slight_smile:

Yes, but those aren’t much use to anyone without the library itself. Is TTFX available on any repo since I can’t find it under jme contributions…?

I’d go make an implementation of chapman’s flare (bookmarked it for later :smiley: ) but that would take a while to get right for a shader noob like me.

Nevermind, found:

Welp, I guess I’m giving it a shot myself soon then.

5 Likes

Very nice! What shader(s) do you use for the model? Especially for the red/yellow/blue lines?

it’s a good learning exercise =)

2 Likes

I can try to upload my changes as separate/forked as soon as I will have some free time. But I warn that I have also changed RenderQueue of some sky objects to Transculent to escape transparency problems.

Oh, that’s a Lighting.j3md that’s made to look like Unshaded.j3md depending in a mask which is essentially a glowmap. I wanted the lines to glow without the bloom filter since it wasn’t sharp enough and the text wasnt readable from afar. Getting rid of the basic shading was easy, but the DLSR needed some convincing :stuck_out_tongue:

You can read about it here, has a fun ending:

I don’t really know how to use Github since I usually use SVN but I can give you a google drive link to it if you want to take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_6VrWkQGDbX3lMVjJRc0ZnZVk/view?usp=sharing

Setting a regular glowmap to the “GlowMask” texture parameter should do the trick.

Thanks! The light bleeding at the end of the thread is awesome.

1 Like

I was in the same boat not too long ago… learn Git, it will take an hour, well worth it and another tool to tuck into your belt :wink:

So, summed up:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ft-LOumBOlA/hqdefault.jpg

4 Likes