(October 2018) Monthly WIP & Screenshot thread

looks a lot better than I ever achieved until many years experience! keep it up.

2 Likes

i had long break, now making new game, first one with physics, so playing arround bullet trajectory, ragdolls, legs decapitation and much more before going further :slight_smile:

still so many to do. so can show little progress. funny is that in final version there will be no wolves ;p

8 Likes

Took forever, but a “slot car” is now defined in a json file with hierarchical, asset location and part variation information. And a horizontal Lemur GUI (inspired by Forza), for upgrades with categories and the like, driven by the json file.

14 Likes

I finished the AI for the Plagued Loche Ness Monster boss fight. There’s still some unpolished things in the scene and some ridiculous animations that could use some improvements still, but I’m satisfied with the functionality of the boss and his move set. He swings his neck at players when they’re close enough, and fires a laser at anyone who tries to get out of his range.

19 Likes

That laser reminds me a bit the “old” Godzilla.

Im sure a lot of work is in that scene and the behaviour of not only the boss. Good job!

1 Like

Thanks!

I was able to do a few more nights of tutorials and get some walk/run/idle animations built. Here are the walk/run animations looping:

Not bad for a first try, I guess. Really empowering, though.

10 Likes

Are you using inverse kinematics? I ask because I wasn’t aware JME supported those, or at least had any kind of resolver function for them.

(shrug) I don’t know what will get exported yet. Problem for another day.

1 Like

I know it wasn’t the point of the post at all, but the thing i liked most from the video (everything looks amazing btw) was the mirror on the tree :smiley: very good feel to it.

1 Like

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: The quest is still incomplete, but eventually the player will have to rescue other elves who are trapped inside the tree behind the mirror.

1 Like

finished this guy

I also got a dedicated game server list going off the steam master servers… Getting very close to releasing this thing on steam and starting a new game!

15 Likes

That robot, it fits spot on!

Looks awesome dude! That gun is really really cool.

Here’s a 3-minute video demo of my current WIP, called DynamicAnimControl:

It’s intended to replace KinematicRagdollControl.

DynamicAnimControl is included in the open-source Minie library, which is part of my Jme3-utilities project: GitHub - stephengold/jme3-utilities: Reusable code and assets for jMonkeyEngine games (code has New BSD license)

GitHub - stephengold/Minie: Integrate Bullet Physics and V-HACD into jMonkeyEngine projects. (code has New BSD license)

Source for the demo app is at https://github.com/stephengold/jme3-utilities/blob/master/tests/src/main/java/jme3utilities/minie/test/TestDac.java

Minie/TestDac.java at master · stephengold/Minie · GitHub

23 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Wow looks amazing! I’m excited to give it a try.

1 Like

The elephant is very effective. Jaime made me feel sad. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool. Looking at your work you can see that you take nothing for granted and take the time to understand exactly what you’re doing. It’s clearly paying dividends. Much love <3

2 Likes

Thanks.

Perhaps I should send Jaime some more balloons… :wink: