Ogre animation (again)

The svn version of jme2 allows multiple root nodes. Version 2.0.1 does not yet support it. Will be included in 2.1.

Cheers,

Normen

normen said:

The svn version of jme2 allows multiple root nodes. Version 2.0.1 does not yet support it. Will be included in 2.1.
Cheers,
Normen

I use the jme on the google (distribute version, which doesnt have source code and so on)
it is version 2.0.1,right ? (I noticed that from svn version there is animationchannel, but in google version, it doesnt have animationchannel)
when will the version 2.1 come out ?
should I wait until it comes out or should I go ahead and attack something else, like md5 or hotbj ? (they are also as old as ogre) if so then which one should I try? and where can i get a short clear example?

or can you tell me how to solve that error?
in blender I added the armature(root) then extruded other bones(root's children) from that bone, then other bones(root's children's children) from those bone.
So I think I still have only 1 rootbone. (or does it mean the root's children also root from root's grandchildren? = I have more than 1 root bone  ??? ...)

Try to use a nightly build: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/nightly

normen said:

Try to use a nightly build: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/nightly

Just for that I'm going to go have to run a build since we stopped the nightlies to save RAM!  They'll be back up for good over the weekend :)

thanks Normen,

that nighty build worked. now i have animation, but it is strange

when I press "C"(I defined it) then it loads my animationand my model goes up +rotates(it should only load animation)

if (KeyBindingManager.getKeyBindingManager().isValidCommand("punch")) {

MeshAnimationController animControl =

(MeshAnimationController) model.getController(0);

AnimationChannel lower = animControl.getAnimationChannel();

lower.addAllBones();

animControl.setAnimation(lower, "punch");

animControl.setRepeatType(0);

//        model.setLocalTranslation(0, 0, 0); // it still goes up and rotates

}

are there any tut or doc deep about animationchannel or how to control animations and model ?

now I'd like to have the full control about my model  :)

@sbook

I didnt really understand you. did you mean the server will be off and then on again on monday to save ram ?

if so then i would like to help you too, i can turn it on then off off then on :smiley:

xieu90 said:
@sbook
I didnt really understand you. did you mean the server will be off and then on again on monday to save ram ?
if so then i would like to help you too, i can turn it on then off off then on :D

I find it more fun to plug and unplug power cables ;)

We're doing a hardware upgrade today so the RAM issue should no longer be an issue..

^^

is the server in a building ?

then I would turn the something on and off, so that the building and may be the neighbourhood will have the black out, white in  :smiley:

I wonder where Normen is right now.

my problem keeps bugging and annoying me now.

I want to beat it up to a pulp and have my second game in my life immediately (will still take a while)

Did you select "set y to up axis" in the exporter? sometimes non-applied rotation values in blender also make problems in the animation.

I think I applied it

I followed the tut, so I just disabled the require material and let other things like they are.

Try applying transforms, so when you press N it should all be set to identity for every object. Select the "Y axis up" option for all models exported. If it still doesn't work, you can post the ogre files and I will try to debug them myself.