Personal update

Hey all…

Sorry for the absence as of late, but I had a very unfortunate mishap. I was in a fairly severe car accident and unfortunately wasn’t wearing a car at the time. I guess I am just lucky to be alive… however, it doesn’t feel that way. I am at least at home again and recovering well. I’ll be back very soon! Sorry for the inconvenience.

oh noes, glad you’re ok

Ow, sorry to hear such bad news. I wish you a speedy recovery from your family.
A thought for you and all the victims of the pile. Give us some news when you pass around.

[Edit]…Ok, wasn’t my purpose to require help…more news than anything…no one can blame me to ask a lot of help on the forum…anyway…my apologies, I’m sorry and i remove this inconsiderate thing ! …[/Edit]

See you Chris. Good Rest.

Really sad to hear this Chris. Just take the time you need to get your life and health back on track. Everything else isn’t a priority. If anyone needs stuff, glares at @haze, they’ll have to wait until you’re ready.

<cite>@haze said:</cite> On a side note: I currently work on a derivated release of your gui lib and I'll probably need your help ... I'm stuck on a messy design thing and you're often so inspired ...well...

There was 0 need to add that. Entirely irrelevant and inconsiderate and goddamn needy. Wait until she’s back in full swing before mentioning “work”.

I wish you my best, for whatever it’s worth.

Oh damn it! I hope you’ll get better soon.
Cheer up Chris, monkeys want you back.

Sorry to hear that, get well soon.

Thanks all… just lots of pain from many broken bones. Car vs. Person = Car wins =(

Since I have been able to get out of bed, I’m trying to keep myself busy with things I can do while taking pain meds… Best I can accomplish is modeling in Blender =( Brainless and still learning something about different map types at least.

I’ve learned a bunch over the last 2 days about what good specular mapping can do for your modeling!

Though, I’m having a bit of trouble getting glow maps to show up properly (or at all for that matter). Anyone have any hints as to how to get these to display properly? Doesn’t the hover tank have an example of proper glow mapping?

Anyways… head is swimming. @haze I missed what you asked. please do ask again… I’m a little foggy, but I’ll try!

Ouch. Hope you’ll recover quickly. At least we know that you have quite a high “car factor” here by now :wink:

The hover tank has a proper glow map. Do not forget the bloom filter with the object mode =)

1 Like

aww :frowning: I hadn’t used a glow map before (but I tried it for you :)):

I won’t bombard your thread with all the code, instead I made a project for your convenience:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53339759/T0neG0dGlow.zip

3 Likes

Get well soon. I hope you recover quickly.

That’s terrible. Get well soon.

Very sorry to hear that! Really glad to see you’re back and active again though. Did you get my email?

Eeek… sounds like you are having a rough year! I don’t know why you feel you have to apologize though you have given so much to this community already… and there are other smart people like normen who keep the hints and tips flowing when you’re not here :slight_smile:

If you have broken bones I really recommend getting a TENS machine if you don’t have one. I got one when I broke my arm (just a small, cheap, portable one - not the huge expensive things) and it made such a huge difference to help me rest comfortably.

@erlend_sh Somehow I missed it the first time. I have it now! I’m 1/3 casted… more fractures/breaks than I can count and having a lot of trouble getting around atm. But! I am very thankful for the offer and opportunity. I will let you know when I at least am not drown in pain meds and won’t deter from conversations =)

@monkeychops Um… never heard of one. What’s it do? =) If it helps, I want one!

For TENS see Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation - Wikipedia .
It’s supposed to reduce pain, so it might allow you to reduce pain medication.
It may or may not actually work, different people have been reporting different results. E.g. for me, it actually increased pain, whatever the reasons.

@toolforger said: For TENS see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcutaneous_electrical_nerve_stimulation . It's supposed to reduce pain, so it might allow you to reduce pain medication. It may or may not actually work, different people have been reporting different results. E.g. for me, it actually increased pain, whatever the reasons.

…which is what I might have expected, too, since it’s also a very common S&M toy, apparently. So I hear, anyway.

<cite>@pspeed said:</cite> ...which is what I might have expected, too, since it's also a very common S&M toy, apparently. So I hear, anyway.

I’m sold! lol

Hmmm… might actually increase pain? Not so sure I could handle this atm. =(

TENS intensity can be continuously regulated from “nothing” to a mild tickle to some maximum intensity.
I’d try a setting where you can regulate it yourself, start at zero, ramp it up, and stop it as soon as it becomes uncomfortable.

On usage as a toy: I guess the intensity depends on personal taste.