PhysicsNode error

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\src\fps1\Level.java:11: error: package com.jme3.bullet.nodes does not exist
import com.jme3.bullet.nodes.PhysicsNode;
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\src\fps1\Level.java:37: error: cannot find symbol
PhysicsNode landscape;
^
symbol: class PhysicsNode
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\src\fps1\Level.java:66: error: incompatible types: BufferedImage cannot be converted to Image
heightmap = new ImageBasedHeightMap(ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0));
^
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\src\fps1\Level.java:77: error: cannot find symbol
landscape = new PhysicsNode(terrain, sceneShape, 0);
^
symbol: class PhysicsNode
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\src\fps2\GameSpace.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output
4 errors
1 warning
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\nbproject\build-impl.xml:918: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\Mack\Documents\Mack’s Projects\BasicGame\nbproject\build-impl.xml:268: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

Does anybody know why this error occurs?

Perhaps a library or two is missing from your link.

Do you know where I would be able to get these libraries? Is it a plugin or naw?

Anybody?

Who authored fps/Level.java ?

Its’ called Simple FPS. And I believe I downloaded it from sourceforge.net. Can’t find the name on any files though. It just came with the application and pngs

Did it come with a PhysicsNode.java file?

PhysicsNode??? That doesn‘t exist anymore since at least 8 years ago… You either unearthed an ancient version of jME somehow (how?) or you use some library by somebody who definitely doesn‘t know what he‘s doing.

1 Like

I added some libraries like jme jbullet. But nothing from it. I did read posts from earlier…

BUUUUT! It looks like physicsnode can be handled with simple Node class. Thanks dudes.

Hello? I can only assume that you’re a student who found code like his assignment somewhere? I guess then its okay that you completely ignore that you’re on the wrong track. This will not lead to a place where you can code games.

2 Likes

Yes. I am on the wrong track…But if it were not just a typical issue such as a class not being found in a library…Then I wouldn’t have asked such a ridiculous question or posted this if I hadn’t of found the answer myself on the hub website. But yes I did believe that the physicsnode could have been found somewhere but since it is outdated and using Node object instead works…I will use Node. And yes I found this code at sourceforge. Not being a pessimist here or the other way around…just trying to find out why the little nick pick junk is the problem rather it being a transedental search for creativity. sooooooo…I’m sorry that this post bugged you and I’ll be sure not to post stuff like nick pick again.

Yeah I’m new and I’m a little out of my head right now. And sorry excitement and stress don’t mix well.

And yes I’ve been practicing java for nearly two years now. so the part where people say I need practice that’s okay…but stop making me feel like a retard who doesn’t understand what handling a thread means…

Its just that if you come up with the idea of replacing a PhysicsNode with Node that shows that you probably shouldn’t try to pick apart some FPS game yet. Node is one of the most basic classes in jME and you should definitely know what its all about before trying to do anything.

If you want to get familiar with what is a Node in JME and with JMI in general I suggest to start here https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3.html#tutorials-for-beginners