Private repository system for everyone (SVN & GIT)!

madjack said:
@erlend_sh I got a notification of that thread being moved to General. Where was it??? I remember choosing the general area to post it.

It was in one of the Troubleshooting forums; possibly general-2, that's an easy mistake to make ;)
ozonegrif said:
Dropbox does encrypt your files. But for your information, they also keep a copy of your private key on their servers, which means anybody working in this company can potentially access your data. Dropbox claim it's the only way for them to be able to maintain your data through time, and restore it in case of problem.

True. But I mean this will happen with pretty much any remotely hosted solution unless they want their (careless) users to scream bloody murder when they forget their passwords. The other option of course is to find a cloud service of some sorts that lets you run your own VM images and then set it up as a subversion server... buuuuuuuuuuuut then you run into administration issues and generally that's taking time away from doing the important work of actually making stuff. I have seen a few web hosting companies actually provide an SVN service for you for a nominal fee. I was rather dismayed that the company I've gone with for my site (HostPapa) is among those that doesn't offer that service otherwise I'd be all over that.