Problem with ParticleMesh

Dear guy,

I’m using ParticleMesh for Explosion, Flame tail and some effect for the Item. But, when I attach the new effect (using ParticleMesh) to the rootnode of game, there’s a line of color from the (0,0,0) to the position of effect. The picture below is error, the Red Arrow point to the unexpected line.

What I expect is the picture below

Note, this only happens when I’ve just attached the effect to RootNode, then, It immediately disappears.

sounds like the effect is not fully warmed up perhaps?

So, could you advise me how to solve this problem

moonjava said:

So, could you advise me how to solve this problem

use the warm up method before u attach it to the rootnode.

particles.warmUp(100);

I already call this method before attach to rootNode with iteration = 120

Hi guys,

I know what moonjava want to describe!

Particle mesh is used to create smoke for something. When something is moving, this smoke always follows.

When this smoke is instantiated. Some line of this smoke appear at this time.

How to solve this problem?

The same thing happens to my ParticleMesh when I use changeScale() on it's parent node… There is a stream of particles from some location (I've guessed 0,0,0) to the node location, although they are sized like the end particles of the ParticleMesh. So it is as if the particle creator has the correct start location, but the wrong end location for creating/moving particles.

Hi guys,

The lines just appear when calling to initialize new particles. I wonder maybe somewrong in core jme!

renanse said:

sounds like the effect is not fully warmed up perhaps?

Hi Renanse,

Don't focus on bullet and some smoke followed it. Can you see items (bullets) on horizon?

They are covered by particle system. When bullet is fired (means smoke - a new particle system instance is created), the colored light lines appear (render of the items)!