[Project] Rift In the Prophecy, tactical MMORPG

Here is a tiny uptade befaure the big one that will follow the end of your sprint in a few day. ans here is a video showing a new track for the game and the map editor in all its current beauty :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw am still looking for someone too help me work on that map editor as the number of things that could use a updates is crasy and all my energie are on the main game core mecanic right now. So if it look like fun too you contact me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Look really nice but I think your UI should only use one language consistently. Or are you currently converting it and it is not finished yet?

Nan, but I kinda speaks frenchglish too in everyday life x) I try to keep it constant English in the code, but even there it could probably use some refactoring x)

But I guess your right, my only problem is I would not know what language too chose xD

Haha I have the same in my comments,
Sometimes I do english comments but then use two-three german words or place some German comments. I don’t know why, though :smiley:

1 Like

So far I have been able to keep my comment all french, for the very few that I have x) My problem is whit variable names: sometime I alternate between French and English for words cause one is easier in English and the order in french xD For example I hate the term height and width, so I always use hauteur and largeur. At lest I keep it the same all over the code so if you speak both language, its actually easier to read but ya, if i get programmers from somewhere else then Québec, i might have a few things to change xD

1 Like

Alright that’s true of course :slight_smile: I’m also not really consistent with comments but I hate method names or variables in my mother language as I think code should always be in English. The good thing is that we can simply refactor every name with one click nowadays :slight_smile:

And thanks god for that xD Man, whiout things like that and intelligent development environment I would probably take an other job x)

Needless to say, I would have been a very poor binary developer xD

Hello monkeys :smiley:
The sprint 2 is now finish and same for the presentation video x) One day later than the schedule, but oh well, we have multiple angles filming and a blooper video (in french tho¬) so I believe its pretty worth :p. Here are both video :

Alpha 5.0 presentation:

Blooper video ( French) :

Anyway, you probably saw some of the stuff we did in my last post, but here is the full log of the second iteration.

• Creation of the town track
  • Creation of the Berzeker concept art
  • Creation of the Berzeker orthographic art
  • Rework and bug correction on the CME (Combat map Editor)
  • Integration of the multi combat layout and obstacle in the CME
  • Integration of the obstacles mechanic in server
  • Integration of the obstacles mechanic in client
  • Adding of some obstacle assets.
  • Correction and optimization of the turns beginning effects.
  • Player can now join a combat in placement phase.
    Minor graphique update like :
  • Tile and lines are now thinner.
  • Some change in the camera angles and zoom
  • The world map and combat map are now bigger
  • Beginning of the Bouclar character conception, a mage using both explosive and barricade to have a tactical control on the map (the name might change, if you have suggestions am in :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Multiple code refactoring, including some work on passive and active effect, harmonisation of packet on both client and server.
  • Begening of the combat interface creation, the theme of the next iteration.

So this is it, we won’t do the inventory mechanic next sprint as I first stated, because after some testing we found out that the biggest lack we had was on the information display, and it’s even truer whit multiple account in the combat.
I hope you enjoy, and see you soon for more update :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, Simon here for a quick update on R.I.P!

The first in game town is in production and it will be a desert type,
crystal mining and cactus farming city build around a crashed colonial ship
between 2 mountains. But, even if the main idea is pretty much done, we would
still need a 2D artist to help our two 3D modelers. The theme song is already
done though, and you can find it at that link:

Also the Berserker is getting model in 3D, and we will need someone for the
rigging and animation so if you love the concept art feel free to apply :stuck_out_tongue: As
things goes, we could also use the help of a story writer to help us build the
first quest. We have the idea of how things would go and how is model the story
and the universe, but the whole thing would still need some writing down x)

We also have some work done on the animated texture that should really help
the visual of the combat. That interface should also be soon be updated, but we
had some computer problems and some data were lost, meaning it might be
delayed.

As always am available for questions, and if you want to join us, just send me
a mail with your name, desired position, Skype address and portfolio if you
have one at JavaKhanStudio@Gmail.com

And as extra here a few gif :stuck_out_tongue: I should probably rework the gif production
but still.

See you soon!

You have an impressive team. I wish I had those people work for me … ehm … with me! :chimpanzee_wink:

Honestly, I never thought we would end up so big so fast x) And yet it’s still far from enough xD We are missing some key talents and whit everyone part time coordinating everything is rather challenging. A fun challenge, but a challenge non the less x)

Anyway, am more than happy with the current result :stuck_out_tongue: But, to anyone out there searching for a cool project to work on, you are more than welcome x)

Hellow! Been a while since I posted anything and now I got new stuff :smiley:

A demo of the logo, please make us some feedback so the final version is even better!

This is the new 3D model of the berzeker! And yes, it’s a woman :stuck_out_tongue: Funny Story the guy in charge of the male model had problems completing the model, but we recruited someone else to do the female version and he is very good and fast.So enjoy :blush:

I Already show you this little image, but here it is again :stuck_out_tongue: Note that I had a little bug when I posted it the first time. The walls/shield are supposed to be animated :o I’ll post of gif of it later!

So that’s it! I’ll try to show you a video soon, but am going back to France this weekend and might suffer from some jet lag.

The Classic, we are still recruiting, I’ll do a long post about that later on. Cheers!

5 Likes

Hellow everyone!

Some new gifs, some more work done on the presentation! We should soon start a little recruitment campaign so am cleaning everything :smiley: Also slowly going crazy whit all the work in need to been done x)

Anyway, enjoy and see you soon!

10 Likes

So here a few old gif i wanted to put in here so i could link them :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw does anyone know a good site to buy 3D assets? Am already using turbosquid but i might as well do some comparing x)

2 Likes

Check http://www.cadnav.com/ it is free. But most of models are in 3DS Max format.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take a look, but am really going for buying some right now :stuck_out_tongue: I pass hours on site like blenderswap and opengameart and even if they have really cool stuff, they usually lack the game quality.

Most of my best models come from turbosquid and usually cost me between 10-20 buck. And when you consider that in the end, even an intern that you pay minimum salary will need a few hours to make something good, well it puts things in perspective x)

Might as well spend some of that boring business informatics work money at the same time xD

I’ve picked up some assets here:

…and by “some” I mean “pretty much all” because I bought some as samples and then got in on a St Patrick’s day deal where I got their whole catalog (at the time) for a few dollars.

I’ve only had a limited amount of time to play with them. I got the original models to test some file format stuff when I was working on OpenGEX.

3 Likes

Neat! They does look good :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to make a budget tho, cause all those pretty things are far from free xD

That or win the lotto… best way to make a solid, cohesive and responsible budget xD

I use a lot from http://3dmodels-textures.com they have really fair indy prices
(probably ignore the membership and just buy the 1-2 packs you need most)

1 Like

o wow this is actully some really solid stuff. Only problem i have is that big studio button that make me fell like there is some holes in the documentation for possible juridic problem.

But hey, probably gona use it anyway xD