Project Zero FAIRYTALE

This is an wake up call!

Project Zero is not dead yet, but the goals have changed.

“jME Game” will be in any case a great Game and will develop jME.

Therefore Project Zero will concentrate on other aspects of gaming.

So let me introduce FAIRYTALE!

Once there was a rabbit, a poor rabbit.

Every day it was on the run, running was his life.

On day he saw a big black bird on the tree.

The raven asked the little rabbit, why it was not resting and enjoying the life instead.

Life is short and the world offers so much.

The rabbit took the raven’s advise and sat next to the tree.

The wolf ate the rabbit…

FAIRYTALE is an sidestory and will become an adventure (action elements included).

The story concentrate on Sera Valentine, an eighteen year old woman, but I don’t want talk too much about the story. It’s up to you, to find out or better to decide what person she is.

But I tell you this much. Only on the surface she is a calm and innocent girl.

Of course, who would tell you, that he has terrible headaches, suddenly snap out and loves hurting people.

You play this girl.

Sometimes you see vision, nightmares that hunt you to death and you lose sense of any reality.

In this moments, anyone around you is in danger to get hurt. But no, it’s not you hurting the people, or do you just  don’t like the truth.

To kill this headache, you must take painkillers, but they are not easy to get. So your mood variegate, but further later.

The girl wants to finish with her past, therefore she returns to places of her childhood. Maybe the nigthmares will stop.

But sometimes vengeance is as sweet as the forbidden apple of paradise and soon you are the pray. Not only the past haunted you, the present is much more alive than you think and I don’t talk about the police.

Do you know what really heartbreaking is?

To shot someone you hate with a 5 cent bullet.

That make your feelings somehow…cheap…

Sera Valentine

Mood:

As mentioned before, your mood is important. To have a bad mood sometimes saves your ass.

Afraid:

You move faster, but therefore it’s more difficult to controll.

Aggressive:

Sometimes you want to smash something or someone. Better not talking to someone.

But why not fight, if you can? You are strong, really strong!!!

Paranoid:

Everyone is looking at you. You feel like a pray, which is hunted by a wolf.

You noticed dangers faster, blow the cover of your enemies and nobody can sneak behind you.

But sometimes you hit the wrong guy. Mistakes happen, but this was most likely the last mistake of the guy.

Poor one!

Bloodseeker:

You love fighting! You want to fight! NOW!

Insane:

Blood is not enough, you want guts! Anyone is in danger and nearly nothing can stop you.

Sticks? Pepper Spray? Stunner Guns? Don’t make me laugh!

Depressed:

Life is shit! Everything around you is gray, nothing is worth living.

That everything around you is moving slower is also shitting!

Why can’t everyone just leave you alone.

Hate myself:

GAME OVER!

Characters:

Sera Valentine:

I am me! Fuck off!

Loverboy:

He is the one writing Sera regularly sms like “I miss you!”, “Come back to me!”, “You break my heart”, “Want to hug you!”. Is he really a lover or just an stalker. And what does mean “RUN! The wolf is behind you!”.

Sweetheart, you and I love the same person

Loverboy

???:

He is the only one, Sera is talking with. She phones him sometimes and he phones her.

Most times he asked, how she is doing or if she had eaten enough.

Stan Oxford:

He is a nice guy, maybe the only one in this story. He is open minded and it’s really difficult to piss him off.

The only good chance to get killed by him, is taking away his flashlight at night. He fears the dark, more than you would imagine! His goal is to take Sera back to home.

Wolfs:

A predator, an enemy which is invisible, something you can’t hurt and they hunt you!

Wolfs eat sheep’s and rabbits, but sometimes even ravens.

Raven:

They see more than they will let you know. But you know more about them, that you would confess.

Rabbits:

What the hell are rabbits?

Let me tell you a secret! In the end the rabbits will hang the wolf!

The wolf can hide between sheeps, but he can’t delude rabbits.

That’s life, that’s rule, but hell, who cares?

Loverboy

Sheeps:

Sheeps are stupid, crap everywhere and talking to them is nearly impossible.

Such stubbornness is … i wish they would just shut up.

They overcrop the earth without realising that they dig their own grave.

Do you know, what I really hate? Black Sheeps!

Sera Valentine

Most stories are logic at the beginning, but the end…crap.

This story starts without logic, every character plays his part quietly and you have to find your own answers.

Maybe at the end you will see the cobweb or you will just lie quietly in your own blood.

Do they live happily ever after?..

FAIRYTALE

Cool… i was wondering what became of project zero just today…

Let me know if you want zero included in project listing and what info you would like to see there…

Of course it's my work^^

I have some examples, but no further examples with this style, 'cause I created it especially for this game

(and is still in developing)

Examples (Don't belong to the game. Material from a film I made. The combined power of Maya and Adobe^^):

http://ms.media1.converdge.com/uploads/5e/11/eb/96/76/3d/97/a3/c4/4c/6f/32/ce/ff/23/5e11eb96763d97a3c44c6f32ceff23c5@t13.jpg

http://ms.media1.converdge.com/uploads/f6/f6/04/af/2b/f5/93/7c/7d/f9/d9/23/3a/a0/56/f6f604af2bf5937c7df9d9233aa05625@t13.jpg

DarkPhoenixX said:

Yeah, maybe a little bit Max Payne, but that's not bad right?^^.

I don't know, what exactly do you mean with cell shading?
I guess you mean the "Outliner" in the upper picture.
Outliner takes only the edges and makes them visible. Looks better than "Cell Shading."

jME has somewhere an example of TOON Style, where Outliner is used.

is thier any documentation on this because I was planning to base my game on such rendering tactics

At now six weapons will be included to the game:

Up to Down:

-Glock 17-
Fire: Half Automatic
AmmoCapacity: 19(9mm)
Speed: 370m/s
Power: 500 Joule
Used By: Security

-Combat Knife-
Weapon for Close Combat. Can be easily hid.

-Baretta 92-
AmmoCapacity: 15 (9mm)
Speed: 365m/s
Power: 600 Joule
Used By: Special Force

-Parabolic Knife-
Weapon for Close Combat. Deadlier than Combat Knife.

-Colt M1911-
AmmoCapacity: 7 (0.45 mm)
Speed: 300m/s
Power: 550 Joule
Used By: -

-Barrett M82-
AmmoCapacity: 10 (12.7 x 99 mm NATO)
Speed: 850m/s
Power: 18000 Joule
Used By: Special Force

This are all weapons at the moment.
To remind, Fairytale is an Adventure, therefore weapons are not essential.
Sometimes you get into a fight, but you will not slaugther your enemies with automatic-armorpiercing-bullet-rifles.
Therefore the sniper is only for your enemies.

As I said, fighting and killing is not the goal. You have to escape, otherwise the police will catch you.
In most cases you have to organize yourself a gun, if you intend to fight with a gun.
A gun is problematic against the police, because they wear a Kevlar armor and they will shoot at you.
Without a gun, they will try to catch you.
But the best thing is, you try to avoid any attention, especially around the police!

Sounds like a really dark Max Payne styled game you got going there  }:-@

Is that cell shading you are using with the gun models?

Yeah, maybe a little bit Max Payne, but that's not bad right?^^.

I don't know, what exactly do you mean with cell shading?

I guess you mean the "Outliner" in the upper picture.

Outliner takes only the edges and makes them visible. Looks better than "Cell Shading."

jME has somewhere an example of TOON Style, where Outliner is used.

thats actually quite the same, or better formulated, a cel-shading most commonly uses outlines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toon_shader

I love the art style… is that your work? If so, do you have a link to more examples?

DarkPhoenixX said:

Of course it's my work^^
I have some examples, but no further examples with this style, 'cause I created it especially for this game
(and is still in developing)

Examples (Don't belong to the game. Material from a film I made. The combined power of Maya and Adobe^^):
http://ms.media1.converdge.com/uploads/5e/11/eb/96/76/3d/97/a3/c4/4c/6f/32/ce/ff/23/5e11eb96763d97a3c44c6f32ceff23c5@t13.jpg
http://ms.media1.converdge.com/uploads/f6/f6/04/af/2b/f5/93/7c/7d/f9/d9/23/3a/a0/56/f6f604af2bf5937c7df9d9233aa05625@t13.jpg

Sweet... I definitely need to work on my 3D art skills...  :( Anyway, for the game, are all the colors going to be majorly red/grey/black, or can you make naturally colored models and then change the renderer in JME to apply certain settings in hue/saturation/value? That could be very interesting in a game, if certain light sources emit different settings... you could certainly have a wide range of palettes for mood.

Only for the 2D GUI Design I will use gray, black, white, red.

3D game will have normal colors, but I can imagine to change color depending on her mood (So if she is depressed, everything turns gray)

Time is not on my side, but nevertheless, I got some a new screenshot.

After the 4 time creating a new code structure, I’m nearly statisfied.

Now, most basic things work, therefore I can work on the project itself.

Thanks to everyone, who has help me so far and is still doing!

Without your help, I wouldn’t be able to make any progress!

Now the only thing I need is time, time and of course time!

Maybe next month I get support, we will see.

I talk, talk, talk, now the promised screenshot! (THIS IS NO FAKE! :-o - IT’S jME 8) - I swear!)

The fire effect is nearly perfect! The particles are moving a bit too fast and I’m sure, I can use less particles with the same result. My computer works fine with the effect. Smoke and Sparks aren’t included at now.

It’s not a secret, why I called this episode of Fairytale Soulfire^^.

I hope, I can play more with the fire!

yep, it's a nice fire alright  :smiley:

That looks really professional! Great job there DarkPhoenixX.

I hope, I can play more with the fire!

I wanna play too  :'(  (wanna post it as a user contrib? :D)

NO! NEVER EVER!! :-o

Yeah, I can contribute it.^^ Why not?

Give me a little time, until I cleaned the code.

To be honest, I'm a little shy to contribute, because I didn't have to programm something new :stuck_out_tongue:

A long time ago, before I could create 3D Fire, I had to paint my fire.

It was an experiment, what would happen, if I try 2D now with 3D. Worked^^

Three emitters, three different textures. The trick is to know how the textures have to look like.

Look at the picture, you can see the textures.

I soon I got the code ready, I send it to you basixs

Sometimes things are surprising easy…

Sometimes, the best things are :slight_smile:

feels hot !  :D  }:-@ :wink:

Sorry will take a little longer!

Virus killed my computer, but I took this bastard with me :evil:

Data is save, but it destroyed my user, so I will have to config everthing new, internet, usb, …

I have to wait a little while, because this bastard is really resistent(AntiVir kill itself, because the virus use it as human shield. funny :P), to make sure he is really dead. That long no internet, because the thing load itself from the internet and regenerate lost parts.

EDIT:

I WOULD NEVER USE VISTA!!!

Before that, Bill has to kill me, put a smile on my face and tie me to the chair!

DarkPhoenixX said:

I have to wait a little while, because this bastard is really resistent(AntiVir kill itself, because the virus use it as human shield. funny :P), to make sure he is really dead. That long no internet, because the thing load itself from the internet and regenerate lost parts.

Sounds like Windows Vista to me  ;)