Question according to helloterrain about Graphics

hello everyone ,

I would like to build simple plains with road throught them ,

According to this part of the helloterrain code :

[java]

/** 2. Create the height map */

AbstractHeightMap heightmap = null;

Texture heightMapImage = assetManager.loadTexture(“Textures/Terrain/splat/mountains512.png”);

heightmap = new ImageBasedHeightMap(

ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0));

heightmap.load();

[/java]

I replaced the line ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0)); by

ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0),0f);

So all the terrain finished to be a simple plan …

Then i found out the alphamap.png with stranges colors ( i guess the texture map ) so we can do some volumes…

To finish i found this thanks to the exercices on the tutorials try { heightmap = new HillHeightMap(1025, 1000, 50, 100, (byte) 3);

} catch (Exception ex) { ex.printStackTrace(); }

So i have 2 questions because i’m on this since 5 hours and i’m getting mad :

1. How do we find out what color should be use on the alphamap.png to draw road and plains only (i really don’t want mountain and that dirt texture) , is there on this website something that is saying what are the color for ?

2. There is not the answer of the exercice and i think that some of the hillheightmap values can be very helpful to do simple plains … Can someone explain to me how this class is working ?

Thanks a lot in advance ,

Regards ,

Danath

[java]ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0),0f);

[/java]

Will multiply all height values by 0, try

[java]ImageToAwt.convert(heightMapImage.getImage(), false, true, 0),1f);[/java]

thanks for you answers , but i already tried this and that’s not what i want ,

the form are too complex , i just want simple plains (height of plains and radius ) , so i need to know how to do that and i think the answer is in my question 2.

i got my answer here http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/doc/com/jmex/terrain/util/HillHeightMap.html ,

But Random is not an option for me , i think this is what i need : http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/doc/com/jmex/terrain/util/RawHeightMap.html

How do i make a RawHeightMap based on the helloterrain code please ?

Honesty i found out how to do that , and i can just tell that it’s HORRIBLE , i lost 8 hours of my life to try to do plains where i had stairs , it’s totaly impossible to make custom terrain , i’ll do with 3D model thanks anyway …