I was advised to start a new thread and put my more question up for discussion again
What I am trying to achieve in the end is a working NPR (non-photo-realistic) pencil shader similar to what is presented in this post
For this the plan is to
- convert every frame to grayscale
- apply a sobel filter for edge detection
- use various TAMs (Tonal Art Maps) to be drawn according to the brightness of the pixel
Right now I wanted to use the grayscale filter to test the sobel implementation.
The source I refered to in my first thread was the one I stumbled upon but seems to be deprecated nowadays.
So my questions would be:
- Does my approach make sense?
- Anyone has references to grayscale shading?
Thanks in advance