REPORT: All hub.jmonkeyengine.org website issues

We have a deactivated plugin that can display a user info bubble when you hover the mouse over an avatar… It has the real name and all profile infos… Still, one click on the name gets you to the user page, where all info is visible.

New bug discovered:

Seems threads are prematurely adding a 3rd page, so before there’s actually content to put on page #3 the page is created without content, making for invalid links.

Created ticket for it:

http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2658

:confused: Its definitely not good adding a third one prematurely :wink:

sbook said:
Edit: Bonus points for anyone who makes a jME monkey smiley pack

I want me bonus points ;)
I want me bonus points ;)

Normen trades 10 bonus points for prize item.
Click to claim.

Is there some option to set the font color in posts?

As i sometimes (depending on the pc I use) really hard to read light Grey on White

when I add patch code, code between < and > is interpreted as tag and not showing.

So I converted < as & lt; but when I posted and edit it again, & lt; is changed to <

EmpirePhoenix said:
Is there some option to set the font color in posts?
As i sometimes (depending on the pc I use) really hard to read light Grey on White

I made the text a bit darker now..
mulova said:
when I add patch code, code between < and > is interpreted as tag and not showing.
So I converted < as & lt; but when I posted and edit it again, & lt; is changed to <

Yeah, I am looking into the issue.

Thanks, way better :slight_smile:

I have noticed that there has been quite a bit of downtime on the whole website. It was not available all morning in the UK. Is there work being done to the servers?

naddie said:
I have noticed that there has been quite a bit of downtime on the whole website. It was not available all morning in the UK. Is there work being done to the servers?
Yes. We are waiting on more information from @sbook to tell us what exactly is going on, as he has physical access to our servers.

It was back up this morning, and upon inspection was not actually powered off at any point… The average system load, however, is still above 100%. Normen and I have been actively working on this issue over the past days.

Hi!

could you take a look at this thread:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/contribution-depot-jme3/forum/topic/boolmesh-java-boolean-operations-on-mesh/

the code I am posting is truncating and generating this line:

for(int i=0;i= 90, application will freeze… keep visibility private…

the original line is this:

for(int i=0;i<vertices.length;i++)

I think it can be related to html tag? may be it could be disabled optionally on posting?

there are several lines below it that are not displayed then…

thanks!

Yes, its a known issue of the forum code tags, they cut out tags… Or everything that looks like one :slight_smile: we are working on that.

I still find myself avoiding the boards, maybe its my monitor but the white on light grey and “perceived” …lack of crispness in the font is messing with me :frowning: with or without my glasses :frowning:

mcbeth said:
I still find myself avoiding the boards, maybe its my monitor but the white on light grey and "perceived" ........lack of crispness in the font is messing with me :( with or without my glasses :(

No, its your browser, try Chrome or Safari ;) I darkened the text a bit already, dont you think it got better since the last time you complained about it? :roll:
Btw, all your other requests have been fulfilled, you have back your smilies and a forum index :P
normen said:
No, its your browser, try Chrome or Safari ;) I darkened the text a bit already, dont you think it got better since the last time you complained about it? :roll:
Btw, all your other requests have been fulfilled, you have back your smilies and a forum index :P

strange.........., when did u change it, because it felt really uncomfortable, not ten minutes ago, when I posted above but now its much better:?

Well, I put it up just a notch more after your post (I was just guessing that you were looking at the site while posting) but before I already moved it up two notches. Good to hear you dont have to hurt your eyes anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello!

Been using the new site since it was implemented and I figured I’d wait a little bit before saying anything, figuring there would be changes and for me to not be so quick to judge (change is SCARY!). But there are three things that have been nagging me a bit.

1. The forum search is my primary way of researching something to see if someone has ran into a similar problem, or to look for something I know I saw back when. However, the new forum search is seems very narrow in what it returns. In other words, it returns nothing, or much fewer results than the old one - when in some cases I know I’m searching for something that I’ve seen before and it still won’t pick it up.

2. If you’re a few pages deep on a forum or a search and make the mistake of clicking on a post, then hitting the back button, you’ll be dropped to the first page. Or worse, in a search, it gets rid of your search results, leaving you to query the search again - given your search term is still there, but it is one more query hit to your forum server. (I’m using Firefox 3.6.10)

3. Minor. This message box is crampy! My text flows and attempts to escape it at every possible moment! :smiley: Not sure if there’s a reason it’s only 6 lines tall, but it couldn’t hurt for it to be a little bigger IMO… :wink:

Other than that I think the new look is great! There’s loads of things I like about it over the old format. Overall the readability is much better and the site just seems to flow a lot better as far as finding links to where you want to go.

Thanks for your hard work on both jME and the jME site! :3

~FlaH
  1. Yes, the “forum search” only searches the topic titles, I added a small “google custom” search in the sidebar of the forum, maybe you get better results with that. We are looking into how we can improve the forum search, its not so easily done…
  2. Yeah, some browsers do that, in Safari, I get back to the page I was at before…
  3. I will try and fix that one soon.

:3 → Jaques de Ballsack?? :wink:

Cheers,

Normen