RootNode

when PhysicsDebugger is active it shows that the rootNode is at the bottom of the model so when i attach physics objects to the roorNode they stay above the plane but the physical normally visible object falls through i have completely no idea y any suggestions?

try to reproduce the problem in a small test case, often it helps so simplify a problem to find the solution.

okay i substituted the charactermodel to a box made using jme and attached it instead of the model and the rootNode seems to be in the middle of the object

is the rootNode suppose to be at the bottom of the model does it matter where it is?

I'm using three models from the ogreLoader library two has the rootNode at the bottom but the other which is a fish has it supposedly in the middle since the green axis which i believe to indicate the rootnode it is not visible and the red line which indicates force is pointing down.

could it just be the model itself

Maybe the model was not centered when exported.

You could place little spheres around your scene to see where exacly 0,0,0 is or to help you get a feeling for size and orientation of your models.

Core-Dump said:

Maybe the model was not centered when exported.

You could place little spheres around your scene to see where exacly 0,0,0 is or to help you get a feeling for size and orientation of your models.

i'm pretty sure the green thing at the bottom is the Node as I see a blue line coming from it to the sword the ninja is holding as well as from the node to the actual ninja itself

I made a sphere and set it in a controller class the game state class calls with addController

Sphere s = new Sphere("Testing",40,60,4.0f);
      s.setModelBound(new BoundingSphere());
      s.updateModelBound();
      s.setLocalTranslation(0, 0, 0);
      s.updateWorldBound();
      rootNode.attachChild(s);

the sphere is set a little bit above the green thing (not in the middle where all the axis cross)
also for some odd reason when i press v for the physics bounds the sphere acts as an x-ray for the bounds
in other words if i look at the sphere and turn the camera so the sphere should be blocking a foot it shows the edge bound of the bounding box around the character
i'm unsure y its not really a problem since i'm testing something else though i guess

edit

actually upon further investigation i've realized that in the test tutorials it has similar characteristic to my sphere but i guess its less noticeable since the objects in the tests are colored most of the time the only thing that appears in front of the lines is my model which technically isn't correct either but i guess its intended