SDK 3.6.1-sdk2 released

Hi everyone! We released a small bug fix release of the jMonkeyEngine SDK, available immediately. This release might be a small one but this is to pave the way for some bigger changes (AssetBrowser…).

Highlights:

• Some small paper cuts resolved
  • Based on Netbeans 19 (up from 18)
  • Comes with JDK 17.0.8 (up from 17.0.7)
17 Likes

Great! Well done guys! I will try it ASAP :rocket:

5 Likes

Hello everyone,
I have downloaded and tried the latest version of sdk. A problem has been introduced that was not there before. The SceneComposer Window panel sections no longer self adjust to the pc screen size. Because of this, the graphics components and labels in the ‘Camera’ section are no longer visible as well as the options to icon and restore the SceneComposer Window panel. Only by connecting a large enough monitor, all the graphic components then are visible. Let me know if I need to open an Issue on git. Thank you.

@tonihele @rickard

2 Likes

:thinking: can’t remember that any changes were made to it in this version. Will investigate

1 Like

This is what the SceneComposer Window panel looked like in sdk version 3.6.0.
The panels are iconizable and the labels are visible.
Here is a full screen image of the editor on a laptop.

1 Like

Might be some change to Netbeans. Definitely did not change that.

Must be some latent issue that hasn’t been a problem until now; the panels weren’t resizable horizontally. Fixed for next version.

3 Likes

I also found an issue when not running the SDK in full screen mode. When I manipulate the camera in the SceneComposer Viewport, as long as I interact with the camera in the viewport, the toolbar icons below (selection, move, scale, rotate, etc.) start floating and scrolling, which looks very weird…

1 Like

Could you please look into why on Windows 10, in non-fullscreen mode, the bottom toolbar keeps scrolling whenever I rotate the camera?
GIF 2023-9-25 17-55-06

2 Likes

I am new here, very excited about a 3D Java game engine! :smiley:

I think the Official Skulls Example Game is supposed to compile with the new SDK, isn’t it?
It is not.

I have tried to fiddling with the build scipt, altering the library names.
It reached a state where no compile or runtime errors occurring, the game starting, menu music OK, but NO graphics at all, blank black screen. :frowning:

What should I do to start the game properly? (I have Windows.)

Hello, Years since i started using JME i never even tried this one, and now this example game is 8 years not updated, so i guess it might not be updated to match new JME version.

Also now every new project should use Gradle. There were better examples there, but i dont remember now. You always have also just JME Tests to run and show some features, along with Minie that have physics examples there.

Here is start page: jMonkeyEngine | Quick Start
And if you want to write some game, i would suggest use Gradle + Any IDE(Jme Sdk got tools) + ECS(Entity Component System, you can use Zay-ES).

But i cant help with ready examples since i dont know them myself. Someone else need help here.

Yeah, best to check out the jME tests. Either from Github or in SDK it it just create a new project and select jME tests. That’ll set them up locally.

1 Like

The types here are incomplete, missing samplerCube type, and also no sampler2DArray type… :sob:

1 Like

Fixed here: This adds samplerCube and sampler2DArray to the shadernode definition… by neph1 · Pull Request #535 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub

If you can think of other missing types, let me know. The drop down menu is a new feature in the latest release.

5 Likes

It works now. Just try again.

1 Like

Glad you took the time to fix this, just one suggestion: it should contain variable types equal to the number of parameter types in “Add Material Parameter”, for example Texture3D => Sampler3D, Texture2D => Sampler2D, etc…

2 Likes

It is worth mentioning that when opening the Material Editor in non-full screen mode (win10), everything is squeezed together, and there is no horizontal scrollbar, making it impossible to select parameters in this case…

2 Likes

Without checking, I think this is fixed in the next version, through another bug report.

2 Likes