SDK vehicle editing direct flash back problem!

Continuing the discussion from Can't open Vehicle Creator:
As he complained, this problem seems to exist in both SDK 3.2.4 and SDK 3.3.0. Can SDK maintainers fix this problem in the stable version of sdk3.3. X? The vehicle editor is really important. :face_with_monocle:

In addition, when creating a GUI in sdk3.2.4 and switching to visual view, an error will be reported. Do SDK maintainers consider repairing this problem in sdk3.3. X.

Well, we certainly can take a look. But to help and speed things up, can you provide the errors and the steps to reproduce?

For the GUI editorā€¦ you probably mean the Nifty GUI editor. That might be something that is considered beyond repair. I wouldnā€™t want to say this but it is probably for the best to not try to salvage it, at least with the current resources. It might be an easy fix, who knows, but it requires a volunteer to take a look at it. Generally it is advisable to manually edit the Nifty XML.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

1. For the SDK editing vehicle part, please follow the wiki method. Right click the. J3o file ā€œEdit vehicleā€, which directly causes the program force to be closed.

2. For GUI, the error is as follows:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot instantiate com.jme3.gde.gui.view.NiftyGuiVisualElement
    at org.netbeans.core.spi.multiview.MultiViewFactory$MapMVD.createElement(MultiViewFactory.java:464)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel.getElementForDescription(MultiViewModel.java:222)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel.getActiveElement(MultiViewModel.java:132)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel.getActiveElement(MultiViewModel.java:128)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewPeer.showCurrentElement(MultiViewPeer.java:470)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewPeer.showCurrentElement(MultiViewPeer.java:462)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewPeer$SelectionListener.selectionChanged(MultiViewPeer.java:929)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel.fireSelectionChanged(MultiViewModel.java:259)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel.setActiveDescription(MultiViewModel.java:120)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel$BtnGroup.setSelected(MultiViewModel.java:322)
    at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setSelected(JToggleButton.java:254)
    at javax.swing.ButtonGroup.setSelected(ButtonGroup.java:165)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewModel$BtnGroup.setSelected(MultiViewModel.java:318)
    at org.netbeans.core.multiview.TabsComponent$ButtonMouseListener.mousePressed(TabsComponent.java:907)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:280)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:279)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6536)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4532)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
    at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.jme3.gde.gui.view.NiftyGuiVisualElement.()
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3082)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1825)
    at org.netbeans.core.spi.multiview.MultiViewFactory$MapMVD.createElement(MultiViewFactory.java:450)
    ā€¦ 47 more
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
    at org.netbeans.core.spi.multiview.MultiViewFactory$MapMVD.createElement(MultiViewFactory.java:447)
    ā€¦ 47 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: de.lessvoid.nifty.builder.PopupBuilder.childLayoutAbsolute()V
    at jada.ngeditor.model.utils.NiftyDDManager.(NiftyDDManager.java:32)
    at jada.ngeditor.guiviews.J2DNiftyView.init(J2DNiftyView.java:154)
    at com.jme3.gde.gui.view.NiftyGuiVisualElement.(NiftyGuiVisualElement.java:123)
    ā€¦ 52 more

1 Like

Thanks, weā€™ll take a look

1 Like

Hi @JhonKkk. About the sdk vehicle editor cannot open , I even open the scene editor in SDK 3.2.4 :sob:

Here is my situation:
I am on Xubuntu 20.04 now, and I was used the sdk on Ubuntu 18.04 before ,then I upgrade to Xubuntu 20.04.When I want open the scene editor, it just lag at there and I wait for a long time. The results isā€¦ I restart my computerā€¦

hope it will be fix in sdk 3.3.x :smile:

1 Like

I hope that sdk3.3. X can fix this. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like