Another status update:
I made some progress on physics support before getting distracted by other features, such as support for web assets, spatial animations, and ignoreTransform geometries. Spatial animation was featured in the video clip I posted on the 15th:
Another new feature is the ability to create animations by “mixing” tracks from multiple animations (or even from multiple anim controls). So you can mix the head motion of one animation with the leg motion of another.
I plan to release a new version of Maud, with updated documentation, in a week or so. Unless I hear specific requests, there won’t be any in-depth demo videos for this release.
I’m looking for more alpha testers, and I remain interested in constructive feedback, such as:
- issues you encounter while building Maud
- places where the documentation is incorrect, misleading, incomplete, or unclear
- bugs you encounter while using Maud, especially reproducible ones
- suggestions on making Maud easier to use or more intuitive
- features you want added (see the Wishlist section of the documentation for my thoughts)
I’ll be on vacation 6-13 October, so expect little or no Maud activity during that week.