Seeking alpha testers for Maud

I’m sorry to hear that. Are you able to run JmeTests? (In the IDE, these use LWJGL 2 and native Bullet by default.) I’m particularly curious about TestNiftyGui.

Yes. ( only with AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL3) .

No problem.

In that case, I perhaps erred in adding LWJGL_OPENGL33 to Maud. On the next iteration, I’ll include an option for LWJGL_OPENGL3.

I’ll be testing Maud the coming days on Mac OS, eager to try some features, especially the retargeting of bone animations caught my eye!

Untill now I used my own simple ‘model-viewer’ implementation to load a model and playing/visualizing/debugging bone animations. I hope this will speed up development

edit: I need to start it up using: java -jar Maud.jar --openGL2
By default I’m presented with the error:

SEVERE: Failed to create display
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported renderer: LWJGL-OpenGL33
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:239)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:377)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:117)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:211)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I know I had some issues in the past running OpenGL3.3 on mac OSX. I was able to get a BasicGame running once, but I had to add some statements to the JVM and changing some settings in a org.lwjgl.system.configuration.* class. If you want I can look it up, I know I documented it somewhere…

I think the next build will resolve the OpenGL issues. Probably tonight or tomorrow.

… Wow… !?! … Cool…

If you don’t want to try @pspeed’s thumb-drive boot, you could try a VM. Virtualbox is free, pretty simple to install, and actually supports passing through support for 3d acceleration. I have just as high a level of OpenGL support on my virtual ArchLinux development image as I do natively on my windows laptop.

(Might miss some of the device-specific oops points, but at least can check that the GL libraries load, and basically function)

Here it is:
https://github.com/stephengold/Maud/releases/tag/1.0.0-alpha.8

The command-line options have changed again. Now OpenGL2 is the default
on all platforms. On systems with non-proprietrary GPU drivers, specify the
--openGL3 option to use core OpenGL 3.2, as in:

./Maud --openGL3

I hope this change will allow more people to run the app.

Btw, the alternative to downloading binaries is to build Maud from source. This isn’t terribly difficult, especially if you already have Gradle installed. Maud is based on JME 3.2.2 and doesn’t depend on the engine’s master branch at all. You don’t need the latest SDK. Detailed instructions are in the README:

https://github.com/stephengold/Maud/blob/master/README.md#build

While not interested in running Linux today (thank you) I welcome your feedback or questions concerning Maud.

I just cloned the git repo and ran the thing from eclipse. Works fine so far.

Thank you @raistm.

I’d love to hear from others who have tried Maud.

Version 0.3.10 of the Wes library fixes a nasty infinite-loop bug. I discovered this bug while retargeting animations using Maud. The next release of Maud will incorporate the fix.