Here's a little peek at what I'm working on in my spare time. It's a visual scripting system for jMonkeyEngine.
It's really two things.
The scripting system I created probably 6 years ago for Hostile Sector. Since I am a programmer, I did it way more complex than I needed at the time. Just in case, you know, for all the other games I was going to make. I always had in mind an editor for it, but for HS, I simply plumbed everything together in a Mission class. This worked very well at that time.
Recently, I cleaned it up a bit for a new project I've been toying with. It will need more complex scripting, and I thought it would be a good time to make that editor.
I wanted the editor to reside in the SDK. I've tried to follow the outlines of the SceneComposer and learn the Netbeans API at the same time.
What is working:
Placing components from a hard coded menu.
Load and save script using BinaryImporter/Exporter (outside of the editor).
What's left until it's usable:
Load and save script inside the editor.
Hook up the script to the scenegraph at runtime.
Hook up to SceneComposer for real time scripting / testing.
I may make everything open source at some point, but it will be a while. I still anticipate some heavy refactoring of the editor as I learn more about development there. But I do intend to release it as a plugin for other to use as soon as I can. Let me know if you're interested in alpha testing it.
I call it "Macaq" in monkey fashion. I know it's not spelled like that in English, but I think it looks more elegant.