(September 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Much better. I think you can boost the glow a bit. Then add some flames coming out of the head. And a flaming motorcycle would fit quite well. And nicolas cage. Wait.

6 Likes

That looks much better. I agree with @MoffKalast that the glow could be ever so slightly brighter, especially around the lettering on the blade, but it already looks 50x better to me.

Stronger glow is just too strong, I’ll probably stay with this one + some small glow over runes.

That’s what I was going to suggest… so you are already ahead of me. :slight_smile:

Makes sense. I’m sure it probably looks even better in the real environment anyway… it’s hard to do justice to something like that with a screenshot.

1 Like

I’ve just released my latest project Multiplayer Arena, which is an up-to-4-player split-screen FPS with 5 game modes: Skirmish, King of the Hill, Dodgeball, Clone Wars and Bladerunner. It can be downloaded from Game Jolt - Games for the love of it

13 Likes

Because of some constructive criticism I decided to make few changes to my latest FX:

15 Likes

Continue to work on shader nodes editor…
Implemented:

1. Actions to add new material/world/attribute parameters and a shader node
  2. Actions to remove material/world/attribute parameters
  3. Attaching material parameter/attribute/world parameter to a shader node, attaching output vertex parameter to input fragment parameter
    and a lot of things are still in progress :wink:
9 Likes

Can I ask you one thing?
Could you please stop posting screenshots of SpaceShift Editor in here (you have your own thread ;)) or at least decrease the frequency of them. They mostly look the same, since your progress is mostly in functionality not looks. I know some people don’t even bother posting because their WIP screenshots get drowned in the amount of your progress updates.
This was not meant as offensive and is just feedback. Keep up the good work.

8 Likes

Continuing work on station livery textures, just finished the rusty unmaintained one - the default skin for outer rim and abandoned stations.:

Same UVmaps, same underlying texture as before but with rusted overlays and broken windows. The point being that the player can then repair and repaint these ones to the stock texture (and some company livery afterwards that’ll generate a passive advertisement income).

14 Likes

You mean… rust in space? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, yes I know. :sweat_smile:

But you haven’t considered <\insert technobabble here>!

See, makes perfect sense.

4 Likes

ho yeah you’re right my bad… :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe they are so old that air constantly leaks out… and “clings” the station because of “artificial gravity”.

I’ve been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous these days… and even in a game that tries to feel real, 90% of the stuff is total BS. At least the planets/systems are in a proper scale.

2 Likes

That sounds like a thing that could be by design. Having a layer of thin air around the station should soften the effect of explosive decompression in case of damage, while providing some sort of less deadly zone for anyone on EVA.

I’ll add it to the wiki haha

3 Likes

Snow:

20 Likes

Here’s a quickie video from the Maud editor project, demonstrating recently-added support for spatial animations. It’s a 12-second clip of the BoxAnimated model from the glTF-Sample-Models repository on GitHub.

Maud won’t officially support glTF import until JME 3.2 settles down.

5 Likes

About a year ago I mentioned that I was working on in-pass shadow mapping:

Well, its been a while and I am continuing this work here:

Here’s a screenshot of directional + point + spot light shadows, all in one scene, interacting with each other:
https://i.imgur.com/hW9Oj6u.png

34 Likes

Making a game for Android :smiley: (In alpha stage yet)

21 Likes

Started working on a quick-and-dirty Decals System.
Btw if you know any good papers, link them to me, because I mostly found deferred decals which involve the G-Buffer, so aren’t possible in jme as of now.

What you see here is what I call Flat or Planar Decals. What I did is to generate a local coordinate system for any given triangle (which you get by raycasts). It’s actually not more than if you would manually place a quad there, however it’s acceptable for most cases (blood, bullet holes, …). The good thing is you could realise all of this with any given Material/Mesh, you’d just need a Control.

Fun-Fact: It’s non-trivial to find where ‘up’ is. In the given example I take the sphere-local y as up, so when the ball rotates, it looks like the decal is glued to it. If you, however, have something like rocks or other props in your environment, artists like to rotate and scale them so they fit. That is a case of global-Y sometimes, because you want to be able to read the newspapers, or say: You don’t want the blood to drip in the inverse direction of gravity.

Next up is adding actual decals in the demo and then the fun can start with real wrapping decals.

8 Likes