Skullstone - a dungeon crawler game

From now our mobs have ability to use selfbuffs! And of course, there will be some visual effects. The first and most simple one:

6 Likes

Improved selfbuff effect - added some light (it don’t cast any shadow).
Things like color, position and range needs to be consulted with our graphics guys, but I think it is worth to show you the screen even now :smile:

EDIT:

EDIT2: After playing with normals:

8 Likes

A short movie:

11 Likes

i want to play it!! now!

The graphics are very nice.
Any reason why you didnt enable mouse movement/view for the gameplay ?

I want the game to be more like Dungeon Master and Might&Magic 1-5 than later games with free movement.

That is an good idea.
Are you planning to launch for android as well ?

I think not. I’m not sure if the whole rendering pipeline is not too strong for mobile devices. The second thing is that our GUI is awt based, which won’t run on android afaik.

What do you think about the new GUI?

12 Likes

Much better. I always secretly hoped the other one was just an temp placeholder but I didn’t want to say anything in case it wasn’t. :slight_smile:

Our graphics magicans told me that the previous version was ugly, even the author said that it was an accident at his work :smile:
The new one is a bit too hight to fit when equipment’s window is open, but I solved that: new statuses are scaled down a bit when that window appears on screen. The scaling process is smooth, so the effect is very nice.

Awesome!

Character’s card window slightly reworked:

5 Likes

There is an (german) article about this game published on eurogamer:

Yes, I know :slight_smile:
One of my teammates is doing a good job spreading the word about the game over Internet.

By the way. I’m extending the mob’s skill system, the target is to give to mobs up to three skills. Not only selfbuffs but offensive ones, like debuffs, as well.
Effects like stun, entangle, root or freeze should make the gameplay much more interesting and a bit harder than Grimrock’s gameplay. On some forums people accuse us of making a Legend of Grimrock clone. I’m not sure if we can compete on the graphics level, but our gameplay would be much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just for the records, did you explore the grimrock’s editor?

No

We started our own comic series!

Visit our Facebook profile and learn how to survive in a dungeon!

3 Likes

Fight!

7 Likes

Here on the animated gif you can see how our mobs die…
http://s3.postimg.org/mjqmsm4jl/die_efect.gif