Sneak Peek of the next big jME3 addition

Just a small hint in form of a screenshot:

Don’t get over-excited yet, its the NullRenderer still :wink:

Edit: See below for some speed comparisons

Edit: Giving some more solid info here :wink:

Edit2: You can now use the (null-renderer) iOS deployment in the SDK, check here!

11 Likes

Do I detect a hint of fruityness in the name of your device?

@zarch said:
Do I detect a hint of fruityness in the name of your device?

:D

Fanboy :smiley:

1 Like

Does this mean that you are trying to create an addon, so we can use our apps on the iPad ? :slight_smile:

@nightmare2real said:
Does this mean that you are trying to create an addon, so we can use our apps on the iPad ? :)

Its "just" a cross-compilation really, so "making native code from java". I am using avian with OpenJDK classpath for this.

“just” :stuck_out_tongue: … It sounds like alot of work, but an really awesome feature, if/when you get it to work :slight_smile:

would it be possible for you to give a link to the avian website ? :slight_smile:

Whoopa, the sweet iOS checkbox is slowly coming alive :slight_smile: Keep up the awesome work normen!

Wow… Okay… Just for fun and to test the general performance compared to android I made a test class that batches 100 boxes each update run. It runs between 20-3ms on desktop (3ms after jitting).

Heres the output on android (Galaxy Tab 10.1):

Heres the output on iOS (iPad 3):

:affe:

So it’s running faster on iOs than Android?

That’s still using a null renderer though?

@zarch said:
So it's running faster on iOs than Android?

That's still using a null renderer though?

Yes, NullRenderer. Its just counting the time for batching on both platforms. Also the iPad3 is nominally a bit faster. It could have been way worse though :) Also batching is basically invoking most of the core jme functions so everything seems to work nicely up to here (knocks on wood).

…for a fair comparison heres the iPad 1:

awesomes :slight_smile: <333. I have a few questions tho:

• Do we need a mac to be able to push this to “our” mac tablet/phone/ipod/iface/ipenis products? cus u know i can’t afford one
  • Do we need to pay the extortionate $100 developer fee?

also do we have plans for the xbox 720? :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your work normen and co. :slight_smile:

Oh you! Normen! :smiley:

That’s something really big! Wow!

@wezrule said:
ipenis products

fanboy...
1 Like
@wezrule said:
awesomes :) <333. I have a few questions tho:
- Do we need a mac to be able to push this to "our" mac tablet/phone/ipod/iface/ipenis products? cus u know i can't afford one
- Do we need to pay the extortionate $100 developer fee?

also do we have plans for the xbox 720? :)

Yes to all :P I heard MS finally drops DirectX in favor of OpenGL, given that everybody uses it now ;P

Publishing/compiling for iOS is working as with all other libraries etc. as well. You need XCode and a Mac to build. If you want to publish you need an apple developer account, you even need one to run it on your own Phone and not just on the simulator. If you want to whine about this, PM @wezrule. That counts for you too @wezrule :P

I was just wondering, if it’s possible to cross-compile JME to work on OSX would it also be possible to cross-compile JME to Flash ? :slight_smile:

@nightmare2real said:
I was just wondering, if it's possible to cross-compile JME to work on OSX would it also be possible to cross-compile JME to Flash ? :)

:? I doubt so. Though flash plays as if it was a full VM like java its just a badly written and hackishly extended 2D animation library. Also, its dead in case you didn't notice ;)