[Solved] Bloom Filter applied to near view port does not create transparent background

Yes and here is one thing that I just realized some minutes ago:

These are the games that people here face first:
The 2 games in jME 3.0 SDK are defect and buggy with broken controls and logic (+hard to find).
The 1 game that is working (kind of) is “Monkey Zone” which is a complexity beast (+hard to find).
The other things are TestXYZ demos and long wiki articles - not really games.

Since the little world which I started to make yesterday (remember what I said about islands close to water to provoke Z fighting) is going to be something in between. It has most things that a real game will have too. But it is neither broken nor too complex to understand when starting to code.

I think we need more stuff like that: Small, concise games.
Maybe even a little simpler than what I’m currently doing.
Maybe even just Pong or Tetris.
The tutorials are okay, the wiki is okay, the community is fine.
But still most new people here still have to learn weeks and figure out all the details.
That’s what young students from school / highschool will not comprend.
Students from college / university love jME - but that’s kind of an elite.

Of course, @erlend_sh and @pspeed and the others will have to manage a flood of teens if things work out. But hey, some of them have kids and know how to handle these… :chimpanzee_winktongue:

1 Like

OMG it’s already a month passed now…

I did not forget about this and wrote a really cool application in the meantime.
Hopefully I can integrate the stacked frustum in it - and if not, I should really write the TestCase with a much simpler geometry and mechanic (i.e. 1000 cubes in a row from here to horizon or something like that).

Anyways, stay tuned, the game will be out soon.
And did I say that it’s awesome? Because it is! :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

1 Like

@Ogli not a problem. I have been swamped as well this month tweaking network code on my game.