The title is basically the entirety of the question.
Here’s the entire process I’ve been using.
- Made my model, rigged it, animated it.
- Using the import button at the top of the jME IDE I selected import and selected my model file. I also tried putting the blend file into the same folder path as where the j3o file ended up and converted there with a right click. I assumed it’d work with Blender due to these article on the wiki: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/sdk/3ds_to_blender_to_jmp.html and https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/jme3/external/blender.html
- This is from the importer just to show that it’s alive.
- In the scene composer I see this though which doesn’t appear the same as the import screen or at least it doesn’t show the animation line in step 2 above.
- From the wiki I copied the below code. Importing the model alone and attaching it to root works fine enough. But the moment I try to use “channel = control.createChannel();” it throws a null pointer.
Spatial model = (Spatial) assetManager.loadModel("Models/Cubie/Cubie.j3o"); control = model.getControl(AnimControl.class); System.out.println("Is this null? " + model.getControl(AnimControl.class)); channel = control.createChannel(); rootNode.attachChild(model);
I assume I’m doing something boneheaded along the lines of I need to do something different for the blender import to work properly but I’ve poured over the wiki a number of times and forum but coming up with nothing super helpful (or… as I said… I’m being dumb). Any ideas?