[SOLVED] High resolution render

Hi all,

for a project, I have to render the 3D scene to an image, but for print, and most of time in computers with bad graphic cards. So I have to render images in high resolution first to print, and second to do a software anti aliasing when gpu can't.

I have done a Class wich render the scene scaling and moving viewport to get different small images and obtain a big one. The problem is that I am limited to viewport max size, wich can be 2048x2048 on some graphic cards, so wich only permit to render an image of 1024 with an anti-aliasing of 2x.

So my question is : Is there any solution to render a high resolution image of the scene without being limited by the viewport size ? of course without other rendering engine.

I think about moving camera to do multiple renders, but I don't think it will work because of perspective. It could be possible in ortho, but my scene is not.

Thanks

That's a tough one, but I am gonna take the 'swag' approach and say no; getting around the openGL maximum resolution would be difficult I would think…

Hmmm, I may be off but as a guess

Why not take four shots ( or more ) rather than taking one shot to make the image to print …

Whouhou great, I found the solution !  :smiley:

I found this article to do high resolution screen shots :

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2063.asp

In fact he modify the frustum to scale the view. I did the same thing but with viewport. So I modified my code and now it works.

theprism, it’s what I do, with multiple shots, but for each shot you must modify view, that’s was the problem. It’s explain in the article.

NICE!

Thanx for marking this solved (and not listening to me :)), its always nice for people later that need it.